• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Near Mint Sundays Comic Book Show! Anaheim, CA Sunday 7/3/2022 10am-3pm
1 1

22 posts in this topic

(Advertising with permission on behalf of the event organizer)

ATTENTION ALL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COMIC COLLECTORS: A new local comic book BUY / SELL / TRADE event!

Mark your calendars and make plans to attend the second installment of Near Mint Sundays! An expected 50+ comic vendors, free admission, free parking, and indoors/air conditioned! Focusing on strictly comic books from all eras, graded and ungraded! Great Mix of dealers and private collectors bringing affordable back issues and high-end keys. The first event was a HUGE success, and the second one is on track to be even BIGGER and BETTER than the first!

Sunday, July 3, 2022
10:00am - 3:00pm

Brookhurst Community Center
2271 W Crescent Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801

For more info, please visit the following websites:
Near Mint Sundays on Instagram
Near Mint Sunday Official Website (Includes Vendor Information)

NMS_7.jpg

NMS_1.jpg

NMS_2.jpg

NMS_3.jpg

NMS_4.jpg

NMS_5.jpg

NMS_6.jpg

Edited by Aarrow108

BUMP!

We don't have enough viable options here in Southern California in terms of smaller comic only shows, so this show's success will only benefit the local comic community at large. Please spread the word to any other local collectors you may know!

Edited by Aarrow108
spelling

On 6/3/2022 at 7:44 PM, Robot Man said:

Thanks for posting. I’m local and never heard of this show. I plan to be there and check it out. 

Very glad to read this! My hope was to make sure we spread the word beyond just social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook, as I know there are still many traditional comic collectors that don't regularly use these. Please feel free to spread the word amongst other collectors you know, and let me know if you have any other questions I might be able to help with.

On 6/9/2022 at 9:53 PM, fatlab123 said:

It was a great show ..lots of people and books ..from modern to gold ..very easy parking and free!

Thank you for providing that feedback! From my perspective as a vendor for the first show, the foot traffic was GREAT! I genuinely didn't have a moment to sit down until about an hour before the advertised end time of the show (and even then I still had a few people digging well past 3pm).

Free parking and free entry = more money for comic books!

On 6/9/2022 at 11:19 PM, Aarrow108 said:

Thank you for providing that feedback! From my perspective as a vendor for the first show, the foot traffic was GREAT! I genuinely didn't have a moment to sit down until about an hour before the advertised end time of the show (and even then I still had a few people digging well past 3pm).

Free parking and free entry = more money for comic books!

Same here …wasn’t sure if it was going to be like the upland shows or the ones that card shop in Placentia puts on….it was a well run show 

Bumping this up considering the next closest comic show in the area (Torpedo Collector's Con) being held on July 16-17 was "postponed".

As a collector myself, I cannot stress enough how great it is to have a strictly comic book show in the southern California area. If you don't want to deal with the massive scale of SDCC or the mark-up that comes with it, I highly encourage everyone to make plans to attend this show. 

Edited by Aarrow108
spelling

BUMP! Less than 2 weeks away!

Tons of free parking, free admission, and about 50 confirmed vendors (dealers and private collectors). I can guarantee you'd find better deals here than a big Con, and I say this as a frequent buyer. Most of the vendors here are selling to buy, which usually means there are deals to be had!

On 6/23/2022 at 8:03 AM, alexgross.com said:

idea: if the organizers bump this show back 2 weeks to july 16th, they might get many of us who are fying into town for the now cancelled torpedo show. and some of the dealers who were going to set up there too!

Think it's a little too close for that, but I'll definitely forward that info to the organizers. I think they had a hard time as it is booking a weekend at this particular community venue with an already busy Con schedule here in So Cal (specifically SDCC and Torpedo). Though now that Torpedo is not happening, it might've made it easier. Also think that all vendor spaces are full (last I checked, 50 vendors/private collectors with at least one table space, not counting those that might've gotten more than once space); so even if it was moved, might not have free space for some of those dealers that would have otherwise set-up at Torpedo.

I appreciate that feedback, I know the organizers worked really hard getting a date in July at this venue as early as January/February.

On 6/29/2022 at 8:40 AM, nearmint said:

I might check this out.  Wish it wasn't the holiday weekend, though.

Definitely knew this was going to be an obstacle for a lot of folks (had to tell my wife to not make any travel plans before I committed to setting up at the show), so I am anticipating a smaller turnout compared to the first event.

Regardless, all the vendors will still be there with books from all eras. Hope you can make it, and have a great holiday weekend either way! :cheers:

Final bump of the week!

50+ vendors (mix of bigger dealers and private collectors), books from all eras (yes, including Golden Age), free parking, free admission, free wifi, A/C flowing, and best of all: STRICTLY COMICS! What more could you want in a comic show?

I'll personally have about 10 long boxes worth of books, including $1, $5, $10, and some individually priced. I'll be offering volume discounts all day, as I'm hoping to clear some space and set up a pressing station in my work space. The more books I clear the better!

If you do attend, please come by and say "Hi". My name is Aaron, and I'll be set-up as A-One's Comics. Hope to see you there!

CB1DF666-7029-4954-923A-D87B2B16A630.thumb.jpeg.6dc5a5e997e4e36fca317182bca0de1f.jpeg

Edited by Aarrow108

Thanks to Aaron’s advice I hit up this show today. Being a GA guy, it was a little thin. Did manage to score a few nice WWII covers. Wasn’t a fan of the loud hip hop DJ, but had a good time.

Even spoke to the promoter and will probably set up at the next one myself! 

BC495580-D058-46E1-B10C-0D51F15D7F09.jpeg

88DAF1AA-CC94-4BAB-A020-ABC631BA713A.jpeg

8A5C8420-F82E-43AC-BC7F-C8817983EFF7.jpeg

85D9662D-2BC2-4043-A69D-D4D7EC0BB9CE.jpeg

9601D565-26EB-440B-9E73-94EDCD8147C3.jpeg

1ABFC091-7E0C-4F3E-AF54-0130F568DFED.jpeg

60C5A361-8084-498C-8C72-9F0F146A3B02.jpeg

969265CB-2924-4138-B765-46947FC66E2A.jpeg

0F6DBAF1-F541-43DE-933C-A3F0DB223B26.jpeg

E69B68C0-CEEE-4148-8411-DCFCB1CE6354.jpeg

7DE6CB9F-32DE-461D-9154-1ADC43013876.jpeg

EEEC294A-4483-4584-9DCC-3A7126F91BB9.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

@Robot Man Thank you so much for coming out, and I appreciate you providing your feedback for everyone here to read. The DJ was something new to this second show, didn't have that the first time around. While I enjoyed the music, it did get pretty loud at times.

GA books were definitely in the minority, though I see you connected with some of the few vendors that had some (Joker and Queen's Comics, and Brad at Fine/Very Fine Comics). Glad you were able to come away with something! And I hope to see you at the next one as a vendor :cheers:

Edited by Aarrow108

On 7/2/2022 at 10:36 AM, littledoom said:

I think I know who you are :)

Sorry, but don't remember actually getting your name! I'm assuming you were the guy I've seen at the Claremont shows and now the NMS shows? Please let me know so that I can remember it!