• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney +'s DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN show starring Charlie Cox (2025)
3 3

182 posts in this topic

A new “Daredevil” series is moving forward at Disney+, with Variety having exclusively learned from sources that Matt Corman and Chris Ord are attached to write and executive produce.

Rumors have persisted for some time that a Disney+ series about the Man Without Fear was in the works, especially considering that two of the stars of the Netflix “Daredevil” series — Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio — have appeared in recent Marvel projects. Cox played Matt Murdock, the secret identity of Daredevil, in the film “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” while D’Onofrio reprised the role of Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. Kingpin, in the Disney+ series “Hawkeye.”

It now appears that the project is picking up steam with the hiring of Corman and Ord, although Marvel has yet to announce anything regarding the show formally.

Reps for Corman and Ord declined to comment. Marvel Studios reps do not comment on projects in development.

Edited by Bosco685

I think we can all agree that of all the shows this is the one that will have the highest expectations levelled against it. Expectations it will not meet, but that is understandable when every new superhero show gets measured against the original Daredevil series.

At this point MCU fans just want to see Charlie Cox back in action, so that will be a win regardless of how it turns out.

My expectations are set at: It will be watchable, they will mess up the suit (that is it might look fine, but it'll be more of the same unoriginal textures and lines we have come to expect), and all my hopes and dreams rest on them bringing back Bullseye after all the great development he had building up towards the end of the series.

I would happily also welcome them undoing the death of Gladiator - cause that was pointless and he was wonderful.

According to Ms. Marvel producer Sana Amanant — a former comics editor that oversaw one of the highest-rated Daredevil comic runs — Disney+ has no reason not to adapt a lighter tone with the series.

"I don't see why not! Mark Waid's run was pretty seminal," Amanat said in a recent interview with Murphy's Multiverse. "We've never seen that kind of story and I love the spin on that and it was such an unexpected take on the character. In the same way, I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like that in the MCU. Why not? We like to take risks and this is the fun part of exploring multiple stories. So maybe."

Daredevil star Charlie Cox told us earlier this year that he has full faith in Marvel to do a lighter show in fit more in line with the outfit's brand.

"I wouldn't put it past the folks at Marvel to be able to accomplish that. I'm such a fan of everything they've done so far, I wouldn't underestimate them at all," the actor said at the time. "So if they wanted to make a more PG version of Daredevil, I back them to find a way to do where it feels totally in keeping with everything we've done. And maybe there's a little less blood, maybe there's a little whatever, but I back them to do it."

Ugh!