• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Learn from a Legend

30 posts in this topic

On 5/20/2022 at 5:38 PM, COI said:

Alan Moore could use a MANSCAPED™ sponsorship. 

I swear idk if true, but he looks a lot like the guy in the latest Kingsman movie (shrug)

I would pay that much to have an hour conversation with either of those guys. Especially Moore, he a genius IMHO. Bat :censored: cray cray but still brilliant.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is that the guy from comic book men?

I wish I had cable sometimes doh!

:popcorn:

Yeah, that's him. I'm a long-time Kevin Smith fan - so I always think of him as one of Kevin Smith's "movie friends" first, in movies like Clerks and Mallrats. But I did like the Comic Book Men show too. But there's a definite similarity there - when I saw that pic of Alan Moore, Bryan Johnson popped in my head right away. Comic Book Men used to be free on Amazon Prime by the way, not sure if it still is. It ended a couple/few years ago I believe.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:12 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Yeah, that's him. I'm a long-time Kevin Smith fan - so I always think of him as one of Kevin Smith's "movie friends" first, in movies like Clerks and Mallrats. But I did like the Comic Book Men show too. But there's a definite similarity there - when I saw that pic of Alan Moore, Bryan Johnson popped in my head right away. Comic Book Men used to be free on Amazon Prime by the way, not sure if it still is. It ended a couple/few years ago I believe.

When I 1st got Netflix back in whenever, they had 1 season of cbm from around 2013, I think hurricane sandy was a topic one episode. 

I have all four signed photos form Dave and Adam's with sticker coa. I remember where I was when I first saw clerks in the early 90s. One of the first I followed on Facebook was Kevin. I have a photo OP with him and Jason and my brother as well :x

I speak so much, cause I chickened out on getting something signed by them at a con a month from now, I have yet to see clerks 3.

Still it's a memory and I'm satisfied with what I have so far.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/20/2022 at 9:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

When I qst for Netflix back in whenever, they had 1 season of cbm from around 2013, I think hurricane sandy was a topic one episode. 

I have all four signed photos form Dave and Adam's with sticker coa. I remember where is was when I first saw clerks in the early 90s. One of the first I followed on Facebook was Kevin. I have a photo OP with him and Jason and my brother as well :x

I speak so much, cause I chickened out on getting something signed by them at a con a month from now, I have yet to see clerks 3.

Still it's a memory and I'm satisfied with what I have so far.

That's awesome! I've seen Kevin live a few times, I always try to get front row or as close as possible, it's just a different experience up close - I have all of his "Evening with Kevin Smith" DVDs that he did a release for, and I was a SMODcast listener from the beginning way back when. Wish I had a pic with him and Jay though! I'm looking forward to Clerks 3, supposed to be out in the next few months.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:22 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

That's awesome! I've seen Kevin live a few times, I always try to get front row or as close as possible, it's just a different experience up close - I have all of his "Evening with Kevin Smith" DVDs that he did a release for, and I was a SMODcast listener from the beginning way back when. Wish I had a pic with him and Jay though! I'm looking forward to Clerks 3, supposed to be out in the next few months.

Oh that's right! I vaguely remember there being a raffle to a screening via his Facebook,  but I didnt remember when the official release was so thanks  :)

Probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but both of these guys ran out of good ideas 30 years ago and it's funny to see their current careers juxtaposed. Alan Moore turned into a recluse because he hates that he can't write anything worth a dang and hates Hollywood and the corporate nonsense, meanwhile Gaiman jumped on the Woke Train because he knew it would be an easy payday