• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 300
2 2

13 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2022 at 8:01 AM, Nilo2 said:

9.0. With a C&P maybe even better. A good press should get rid of those spine ticks along the back cover. Nice Book!

+1

C&P for 9.2.

Thanks for posting.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:53 AM, timfinz said:

Not sure what I'm missing here, that book screams 9.4 even with the spine tics IMHO! Unless there are some hidden/unknown defects? Very nice! Press to 9.6-9.8?

On the back next to the small Top Secret video game picture, bottom right corner. There looks to be an oil blotch of some sort, near the staple. Also, I can't tell too easily on the front, but the back has numerous spine ticks. non color breaking or not, these aren't easy to get out. I generally assume you won't them all out, you may be lucky just to get a few. my guess was fairly conservative, but i think without the oil spot it's a 9.2. with it, 8.5

press or no press, i don't think you'll get to even a 9.4. the back over is all black and every little defect shows up there. 

On 5/26/2022 at 2:49 PM, Lpgk said:

On the back next to the small Top Secret video game picture, bottom right corner. There looks to be an oil blotch of some sort, near the staple. Also, I can't tell too easily on the front, but the back has numerous spine ticks. non color breaking or not, these aren't easy to get out. I generally assume you won't them all out, you may be lucky just to get a few. my guess was fairly conservative, but i think without the oil spot it's a 9.2. with it, 8.5

press or no press, i don't think you'll get to even a 9.4. the back over is all black and every little defect shows up there. 

Have to admit, I did miss the "oil blotch", I wasn't sure whether it was on my screen at first or on the book. Having a second look, I can agree there is what appears to be an "oil blotch". So I retract what I said previously and agree with Lpgk. However I have seen 9.8's with as many spine tics, but the stain might be the killer here! Good eye!

Cheers!

On 5/28/2022 at 10:01 AM, timfinz said:

Have to admit, I did miss the "oil blotch", I wasn't sure whether it was on my screen at first or on the book. Having a second look, I can agree there is what appears to be an "oil blotch". So I retract what I said previously and agree with Lpgk. However I have seen 9.8's with as many spine tics, but the stain might be the killer here! Good eye!

Cheers!

The hardest part about grading is being tough on your own books. You tend to fall in love with it and as a result you will end up overpaying. If you are tough on your own stuff, you’ll learn to apply that to books you are considering buying. That’s when you get value out of buying raw. 

On 5/30/2022 at 2:12 PM, Lpgk said:

The hardest part about grading is being tough on your own books. You tend to fall in love with it and as a result you will end up overpaying. If you are tough on your own stuff, you’ll learn to apply that to books you are considering buying. That’s when you get value out of buying raw. 

One of the truest things I've ever read.

(thumbsu