• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is very frustrating!
1 1

62 posts in this topic

When I submitted my magazine, there was  a 5 business day WK turnaround time. It has been a month! Please grade my order today! You keep saying that you will check on my order, but no updates. I feel like I have been robbed! 
Order Number: CGC5517709035

Several things...

- Welcome to grading and collecting, where patience is a virtue.

- There are people who have been waiting for books to return for like a year.  One month is a drop in the bucket.

- Has your package been entered into the system?  The turnaround clock starts as soon as it's entered.

Yeah, you're just starting out on this path of stress and misery known as grading and slabbing.  Once you poke around a little here and read some of the horror stories, you'll consider yourself lucky if you receive back the book you sent in, in approximately the same condition you sent it, in your lifetime--and for bonus points, you won't have to re-submit it for a mechanical error, debris in the slab, or because it was slabbed upside down.

You should be happy if it's been a month and you haven't received any bad news yet.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:06 AM, Mark Goldberg said:

I payed for insurance on it, so how can I get that money since they stole my book? 

Get a lawyer and make it a class action suit.  You might look into reporting a hostage situation to the local police, although that might have unintended consequences.

Edited by shadroch

I’m especially frustrated mainly because this can be potentially a $50,000 book if graded high! (It is in fantastic condition) 

If I paid for a 5 day return, I expect it to be back in 5 days! There is 0 chance they are this backed up! If I don’t see it graded on my account in the next few hours, I will be contacting my lawyer. It is not Jens fault! She shouldn’t have to deal with this! 

You are not going to get your book back anytime soon, there is fine print you didn't read about turn-around-times. Everyone on the forums have Stockholm and will tell you that it is ok for CGC to do this, either you are going to accept it and join in or they will eventually ban you for being "disruptive" and not reply to your emails.

Good luck in your future endeavors

On 5/25/2022 at 10:40 AM, Mark Goldberg said:

If I don’t see it graded on my account in the next few hours, I will be contacting my lawyer.

I'm somewhat curious what the timeline has been up to this point.  You also haven't confirmed whether or not the book has been entered in CGC's system.

Also, if a company wants to be safe (and petty). Once a customer informs them that they will be retaining council it is in CGC's best interest to no longer reply to that customer and simply state they will await word from their lawyer. In simpler terms "threatening" to sue is no longer a threat or treated as such due to the amount of people that not only say it but cannot follow through with it.

Edited by DougC

Did you.... "mark each side of your shipping box with WK in large, bold letters." If not, your package will end up in a long line waiting to be opened.   Walk through for magazines is now 12 days (once received).

Edited by jokiing

Seems like this guy will be able to win over jurors pretty easily.  Owns $50k magazine, ships it to strangers without reading terms carefully in hopes those strangers will make the book more valuable. The complains about it publicly, accuses them of committing crimes (that’s criminal, not civil) in writing publicly

On 5/25/2022 at 10:06 AM, Mark Goldberg said:

I payed for insurance on it, so how can I get that money since they stole my book? 

without evidence.  

although I will say Cgc could do a better job of making their teams clearer.  

I actually would love for them to get sued so they are hopefully forced to be more transparent.  

I wish you good luck in your jury trial, and i definitely don’t think you’ll end up paying legal fees of Cgc in your upcoming lawsuit.