• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is very frustrating!
1 1

62 posts in this topic

I literally sent my books in a year ago....my status that I used to be able to review has reverted to "no status"...which means by even their standards...after eight months they give up lol. I sent an email asking for my orders to be cancelled and my books be sent back to me at my cost for shipping for basically no services rendered in a year. When I sent them in, turnaround for CCS was about 150 days...now they tell me 250 days...so when you send your books in doesn't matter? They can just keep ignoring your books because you didn't pay for "expedited" or "express"? What a scam....had I known then what I know now...I would have used a private presser. A friend did so and got his stuff fully pressed and graded and back to him in just four months. I'm now expecting CGC to tell me "sorry, you cannot cancel"....they hold all the cards....and I will be lucky to see my books back somewhere between 1.5-2 years....YEARS!!! Also have to live with the stress of god knows what's happening to my books while there for over a year...I have seen and heard of horror stories of CGC damage to books during this process that was NOT there when the books were sent in.

Edited by NumminzAK

On 5/25/2022 at 3:46 PM, NumminzAK said:

Also have to live with the stress of god knows what's happening to my books while there for over a year...I have seen and heard of horror stories of CGC damage to books during this process that was NOT there when the books were sent in.

There was a time where I didn't care how long CGC had my books because I could be somewhat assured that they were just as safe there as they were in my closet (because that's where the books would otherwise be).  Sadly, that's no longer the case.  I hope you get your books back.  If you sent them to CCS for pressing then it seems you might still be within that Turnaround window.  Remember, TAT clock starts when they've entered the books in their system, not when the package shows as "delivered" when you send it to them.  The biggest thing though is once you send your books to CGC, it's really just one big patient waiting game.

On 5/25/2022 at 4:09 PM, ExNihilo said:
On 5/25/2022 at 3:46 PM, NumminzAK said:

Also have to live with the stress of god knows what's happening to my books while there for over a year...I have seen and heard of horror stories of CGC damage to books during this process that was NOT there when the books were sent in.

There was a time where I didn't care how long CGC had my books because I could be somewhat assured that they were just as safe there as they were in my closet (because that's where the books would otherwise be).  Sadly, that's no longer the case.  I hope you get your books back.  If you sent them to CCS for pressing then it seems you might still be within that Turnaround window.  Remember, TAT clock starts when they've entered the books in their system, not when the package shows as "delivered" when you send it to them.  The biggest thing though is once you send your books to CGC, it's really just one big patient waiting game.

we are definitely at the point where if timing matters at all to you (and clearly there are plenty of people for whom timing doesn't matter), don't send your books to CGC.

On 5/25/2022 at 3:09 PM, ExNihilo said:

I suppose my point is CGC holds all the cards and worse, they can change the rules of the game. First, they start their artificial clock two months AFTER actually receiving them....so that's nothing but a mechanism to try and save face with these "estimated times" by shaving off two months of your actual time just by playing a word game of not officially "receiving" them by their standard. Then, they can extend your wait time for basically forever if they want to....my point is if my books have been sitting on their shelf for a year...my turnaround time shouldn't be today's turn around time...it should be closer to the turnaround of when I actually submitted the books. Yes, I'm complaining...but I have NEVER dealt with a company that thought 1-2 years turn around time on service was acceptable....and again, clearly they can do it faster....if you pay more right?

Edited by NumminzAK

On 5/25/2022 at 6:14 PM, MAR1979 said:

1950's Playboy, in many but not all issues, you are lucky if so get so much as a distant shot of side boob.    Those who must read those 1950's articles that delve serious issues of their day like "How Much To Tip The Wine Steward" or "How to inform your Haberdasher you don't like the cut of fabric without hurting their feelings" then pick up the DVD collection. 

Above post written in jest, mentioning because many here seem to have a mission to point out any and all factual (and sometimes grammatical)  inaccuracies - aka they have NO sense of humor.

I got ya:)

There's probably a niche fetish market for those 1950s haberdashers. Wowza :)

On 5/25/2022 at 5:06 PM, MAR1979 said:

When you pay for the Premium Walk-Through service you do expect to get Premium Walk-Through service, still posting on a public forum and making threats I'm sure goes against any Attorney's advice. 

When all is said and done I do hope it's not a copy of something like ASM361, ASM365, Spawn 1 or X-Men (1991) #1

Funny, I do hope it's one of those :devil:

On 5/25/2022 at 8:19 PM, mattn792 said:

Funny, I do hope it's one of those :devil:

Given similar posts I've seen on Trading Card forums it would not surprise me if it was. Yea if a book like those I mentioned turns out to be the case I'd probably need a jab of Thorazine to stop the laughter.

Edited by MAR1979

On 5/25/2022 at 3:06 PM, jokiing said:

Did you.... "mark each side of your shipping box with WK in large, bold letters." If not, your package will end up in a long line waiting to be opened.   Walk through for magazines is now 12 days (once received).

Exactly what I was going to ask.

Was under the impression Turn Around Times were started when the package is delivered?

Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today.

On 5/26/2022 at 5:20 AM, gregwynn said:

Was under the impression Turn Around Times were started when the package is delivered?

Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today.

I think that's the delivery time once the 'clock starts' for items delivered today.  But THEY DON'T TELL YOU the clock doesn't start that day, and may start days/weeks later.

Like when they ask me about a work assignment.

"Oh once I start, should go pretty quick, I can turn it around in a week."  The key point being I haven't started yet, but once I do, FAST.

On 5/25/2022 at 11:59 AM, Mark Goldberg said:

When I submitted my magazine, there was  a 5 business day WK turnaround time. It has been a month! Please grade my order today! You keep saying that you will check on my order, but no updates. I feel like I have been robbed! 
Order Number: CGC5517709035

Contact customer service, writing here will not help.

On 5/25/2022 at 7:19 PM, NumminzAK said:

I suppose my point is CGC holds all the cards and worse, they can change the rules of the game. First, they start their artificial clock two months AFTER actually receiving them....so that's nothing but a mechanism to try and save face with these "estimated times" by shaving off two months of your actual time just by playing a word game of not officially "receiving" them by their standard. Then, they can extend your wait time for basically forever if they want to....my point is if my books have been sitting on their shelf for a year...my turnaround time shouldn't be today's turn around time...it should be closer to the turnaround of when I actually submitted the books. Yes, I'm complaining...but I have NEVER dealt with a company that thought 1-2 years turn around time on service was acceptable....and again, clearly they can do it faster....if you pay more right?

OK, here goes; CGC, a comic grading company opens a trading card grading section, and for some reason does not grade COMIC cards!  Therefore, I send my comic cards to a competitor. .I send them 03/02/2021.As with cgc, they are received a month later-04/06 2021.OK so far; then the drek hits the fan, and they get bombarded with millions of cards. They stop accepting submissions for months and months and months to try to catch up. OK. I get it. My cards will be late..

Then, for some inexplicable reason,(money?), they start opening up again at a MUCH higher cost. Make hay while the sun shines, right? I get that too. My problem; they start accepting EXPRESS orders,  which to me means that for every 

express order they accept, my order gets put on hold. because they do not have the help they need. So, theoretically, I could never see my cards again, and I could do nothing about it. I mean, think about it. Every time a new higher money order comes in, mine gets shunted aside. At the moment I am months away from the TAT starting up again for me. And I shudder to think about my cards being somehow damaged while they wait. So, my point is, relax, and enjoy it, because, one way or another, we're all getting !!!@@####. Doesn't matter which company, either. I have cards I was planning to send in when I get these back, but I haven't figured out how to do so posthumously!:preach:rantrant:pullhair:

The Incredible Hulk 345 001.jpg

On 5/26/2022 at 10:15 PM, jg44 said:

Mark,  I noticed all your posts are very demanding/inflammatory.  Actually thats all you do here is demand they take care of you lol..  Calm Down.  

That is very true. If you continue to lower your expectaions, CGC will eventually rise to them.

I just wished they would be approximately accurate with their estimates. I submitted back in early October. I thought late March at that point.

It was a "dry run" for my brother in law who has a FF run of 1-50. I've already talked to him about selling them w/o grading. 

On 6/7/2022 at 7:03 PM, El-Gato said:

I just wished they would be approximately accurate with their estimates. I submitted back in early October. I thought late March at that point.

It was a "dry run" for my brother in law who has a FF run of 1-50. I've already talked to him about selling them w/o grading. 

And I'll buy them without grading LOL

On 6/7/2022 at 10:03 PM, El-Gato said:

Why?  Some of them would be submitted in the Walkthru tier and some in the other upper tiers so you won't have that eternity wait you do with Economy 

On 6/8/2022 at 8:29 AM, csaag said:

Why?  Some of them would be submitted in the Walkthru tier and some in the other upper tiers so you won't have that eternity wait you do with Economy 

Unless theyre getting pressed, of course.