• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Six Figure Club
10 10

243 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2022 at 8:13 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

:whatthe:

Just amazing!

I don't know much about historical prices for MC #1 ... in the back of my mind I always wondered if someday I might try to get one.

It's looking like a no!  lol

Well, although a bit stale-dated since the auction was back in December of 2017, but it was the Twilight pedigree copy at the exact same CGC 6.0 grade that sold in another CC Event Auction for what was then a record $215K, as compared to this CGC 6.0 Kansas pedigree copy that sold for $729K.  :gossip:

For a more recent comparison albeit slight different grades, Heritage auctioned off their CGC 9.4 highest graded Windey City pedigree copy for $1.26M back in November of 2019 and a CGC 4.5 graded copy for $360K at the beginning of this year.  In comparison then, a CGC 6.0 graded copy for $729K would appear to be a relatively strong result based upon my personal opinion.  (thumbsu

Actually, my bad as I foegot about the 2 recent sales through CC's Event Auction earlier this year which might explain this huge increase in the price for Marvel Comics 1, namely auctioon sales results of $363,527.65 back on March 17th for a CGC 2.5 graded copy and the CGC 9.2 historic Pay Copy going for a record $2,427,777.65 on the same day.  So, seems to be a continuation of the explosive high prices for the once former seldom come to market Marvel Comics 1.  :whatthe:  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

On 9/23/2022 at 10:58 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

Wow, will soon be a million dollar book X-Men  1 CGC 9.6.

Might take a bit longer than expected as even hot books tend to take a breather or slight drop back after an explosive move upwards. hm

Perfect case in point being TOD 10 and WWBN 32 which are both seemingly now selling for markedly less than full guide in HG after Overstreet's abnormally huge increases in this year's edition of his price guide for quite a few select books.  :whatthe:

Edited by lou_fine

On 9/24/2022 at 12:58 AM, drdonaldblake1 said:

Wow, will soon be a million dollar book X-Men  1 CGC 9.6.

What's the CGC 9.8 worth then?

Technically though, this does make it a million dollar book with the buyers premium they paid:  $872k + 20% buyers premium = $1,046,400

Or does that # already include the premium?

Edited by Bluemedgroup

On 9/27/2022 at 9:56 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

Technically though, this does make it a million dollar book with the buyers premium they paid:  $872k + 20% buyers premium = $1,046,400

Or does that # already include the premium?

Already in the $872k.   Their site is not the greatest because it is not tallying the BP during the auction (as Heritage does).    But if you have a listing up and active you can watch the final price update within a few hours of the close.