• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have their metal Charizard/Pikachu Graded yet?
4 4

191 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2022 at 9:22 PM, probablyfooj said:

My metal cards came back today, some with grades, some marked NC "Not Suitable for Certification" and all were left raw with the grade slips slid into the cardsavers. Disappointed that we were able to submit these and get them back slabbed initially, and upon submitting more we were charged and raw cards were returned with no explanation. 

I'll be very unhappy if that happens. Not like there is anything we can do about it. Learned my lesson on CGC though

On 9/16/2022 at 8:22 PM, probablyfooj said:

My metal cards came back today, some with grades, some marked NC "Not Suitable for Certification" and all were left raw with the grade slips slid into the cardsavers. Disappointed that we were able to submit these and get them back slabbed initially, and upon submitting more we were charged and raw cards were returned with no explanation. 

Can we get confirmation from cgc on this?  Did y'all really give up trying as I suspected? 

On 9/9/2022 at 8:38 PM, CGC Mike said:

No certain ETA. But there's a concept in the mail to us right now. We should hopefully know how that works by next week. 

Hey Mike just would like to give a thought on this whole process. I heard they stopped grading because the metal cards shifted around inside encapsulation too much which caused damage on the cards. Wouldn’t a somewhat easy fox be to put little clear rubber corners on the cards almost like bumpers before encapsulation to ensure the cards don’t move around and hit the sides causing chips. I figured you could do that without having to change the size or anything of the slab itself. But instead just add the little bumpers to the cards corners before encapsulating. Just thought it could fix the issue. 

• Administrator
On 9/19/2022 at 5:05 AM, V8Racer210 said:
On 9/16/2022 at 9:22 PM, probablyfooj said:

Can we get confirmation from cgc on this?  Did y'all really give up trying as I suspected? 

We will NC metal cards that have brittle ink on them that will fall off in the holder. This is more common than you'd think. 

On a side note, the team is literally working on finalizing a solution to encapsulate metal cards as we speak.  

On 9/21/2022 at 12:24 PM, CGC Mike said:

We will NC metal cards that have brittle ink on them that will fall off in the holder. This is more common than you'd think. 

On a side note, the team is literally working on finalizing a solution to encapsulate metal cards as we speak.  

If CGC has had my metal card since march would they have already sent them back if they had brittle ink?

On 9/21/2022 at 9:24 AM, CGC Mike said:

What % have the brittle ink? (Thinking about sending mine in once the slab solution is confirmed)

• Administrator
On 9/21/2022 at 11:52 PM, CamelJR said:

What % have the brittle ink? (Thinking about sending mine in once the slab solution is confirmed)

Sorry but, we haven't actually kept a tally and can't hand out percentages of metal cards that have brittle ink.

Mike

On 9/21/2022 at 12:24 PM, CGC Mike said:

Whats the word?  did you find a solution? Thanks for time

• Administrator
On 9/22/2022 at 1:04 PM, wrblplayas said:

Whats the word?  did you find a solution? Thanks for time

We are working with 2 solutions.  They will need to go through the drop test and shipping test.  That means they will have to be shipped to someone, and shipped back to us for examination.  I believe we are getting close to be able to encapsulate these.  

On 9/22/2022 at 5:56 PM, CGC Mike said:

We are working with 2 solutions.  They will need to go through the drop test and shipping test.  That means they will have to be shipped to someone, and shipped back to us for examination.  I believe we are getting close to be able to encapsulate these.  

I have one that been sitting there since feb if you need a guinea pig

@CGC MikeSo i just received back my submission and it included the 2 metal cards.  I got the dreaded "brittle ink" designation even though CGC has graded hundreds of these.

Did i get that designation because the encapsulation is not ready yet and can i resubmit? Or does that mean the won't encapsulate no matter what.

Just checking.  Thanks for your help.