• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have their metal Charizard/Pikachu Graded yet?
5 5

191 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 10/17/2022 at 1:31 PM, wrblplayas said:

@CGC MikeSo i just received back my submission and it included the 2 metal cards.  I got the dreaded "brittle ink" designation even though CGC has graded hundreds of these.

Did i get that designation because the encapsulation is not ready yet and can i resubmit? Or does that mean the won't encapsulate no matter what.

Just checking.  Thanks for your help.

I am sorry but, customer service is supposed to be taking over answering these types of questions.  You will have to post this in the Ask CGC Cards section.

Mike

• Administrator
On 10/27/2022 at 11:02 AM, Cameron Lopez said:
On 10/27/2022 at 9:00 AM, CGC Mike said:

We had promising results, but are still working on the solution.

So are we looking closer to a final result? Or still looking into more ideas? 

We are closer.  When I am given more info, I will let you all know.

Mike

On 11/12/2022 at 5:37 PM, CGC Mike said:

We have to make another adjustment to the holder and do another ship test.  It will most likely be another 3 weeks before we have any new information regarding this.  

Hey @CGC Mike, Pokemon TCG just released a new product with metal cards, the Arceus V and Vstar. These metal cards seem a bit different to me when it comes to the color/painting on them, any word that you will be testing how to grade these metal cards? And if it might be as hard or easier for them?

Thanks!

• Administrator
On 11/15/2022 at 1:40 PM, SnorlaxCollective said:

Hey @CGC Mike, Pokemon TCG just released a new product with metal cards, the Arceus V and Vstar. These metal cards seem a bit different to me when it comes to the color/painting on them, any word that you will be testing how to grade these metal cards? And if it might be as hard or easier for them?

Thanks!

Hi

I am not aware of any info available regarding encapsulating these cards.

On 11/12/2022 at 6:37 PM, CGC Mike said:

We have to make another adjustment to the holder and do another ship test.  It will most likely be another 3 weeks before we have any new information regarding this.  

Hey Mike so with this situation goin on for almost the entire year as of writing this. When will cgc allow us to get other cards sent back without sending the metal cards back? I had 2 other non metal cards that I sent in and would like my metals graded when available but my other 2 non metal cards are just sitting there and I can't request them back unless you guys send back my metal cards as well? I'm sure for customers who have been waiting a year at this point there has to be something we can do right?

It is a bit frustrating. CGC can now encapsulate video games pokemon stickers etc etc. While this has seemingly been put on the back burner. I got my membership to send in my metal cards. Now I'll probably have to renew it before they're even graded. My cards have sat for 9 months. And they may come back a CGC 7/8 or worse. If they graded bad I would just want them sent back instead of being encapsulated. Although now I'm 9 months and 100's of dollars invested.