• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re holder question
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I have a daredevil 181 graded by CGC last year thay came back a 9.8. However, I believe that there is a mechanical error with the spine. It looks like it rolled by a quarter inch or so , exposing some interior pages.  My question is ; if I send this back to Florida,  can they fix this by re encapsulating this?? Ty everyone.  

Pics for example. 

20220529_141132.jpg

20220529_141137.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  Unfortunately, since this book was graded back in 2021, it wouldn't qualify as a Mechanical error.  Any issues with the book or holder must be reported within two weeks of receiving the item back from us.  Pressing should be able to help with issues like a spine roll. But as this was graded a year ago, you would have to pay for those services as well as a regrade in this case.  You can find more information here:  CCS Pressing | CGC (cgccomics.com)  

Thank you!

On 5/31/2022 at 9:18 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  Unfortunately, since this book was graded back in 2021, it wouldn't qualify as a Mechanical error.  Any issues with the book or holder must be reported within two weeks of receiving the item back from us.  Pressing should be able to help with issues like a spine roll. But as this was graded a year ago, you would have to pay for those services as well as a regrade in this case.  You can find more information here:  CCS Pressing | CGC (cgccomics.com)  

Thank you!

Jen, 

Ty so much for getting back to me regarding this issue.  I figured this was the case but I had to ask anyway. I'm going to hold on to it as is because it was graded at a 9.8 and still presents very well in the future I may consider sending it back in. Btw, cgc has some of the best customer service I have seen. Every issue I have had or question I needed to ask has been met promptly. Looking forward to having cgc grade all of my comics.  👍 ty so much again!!