• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll - In light of the new CGC label changes, will you buy CGC comics with the new less informative label?
3 3

In light of the new CGC label changes, will you buy CGC comics with the new less informative label?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy newly graded CGC comics with the new less informative label

• Yes - the label change makes no difference
    • Yes - but I don’t like the change
    • Yes - and I like the change
    • No

44 posts in this topic

On 5/29/2022 at 8:29 PM, s-man said:

and no crack option? (shrug)

And no "depends on the situation" option.   Which is probably more accurate than the other options. 

I've not been a submitter of books, so this decision may delay when I start, maybe forever.  With that said, there are thousands of books already slabbed under the "old" label notes BUT I wish they'd make some obvious change to the label in general so you could instantly tell whether you had to look at grader's notes.

so can we now expect the Dylan's of the world to take books with large amounts of info on the label and resub to...cleanse...the label?

CGC won't do the "scan the label and see the notes" thing because then anyone can access and not only paid members, so i guess it is the cgc screw again

Edited by Economy Joe

On 5/31/2022 at 10:31 PM, Economy Joe said:

CGC won't do the "scan the label and see the notes" thing because then anyone can access and not only paid members, so i guess it is the cgc screw again

They could do it....when you scan it, you would be brought to the Registry result, as if you typed in the certification number on the main page.  The way it is now, when you get there, if you aren't signed in, or don't have a paid membership, it won't show you the notes anyway.  Just a message that you have to have a paid membership to view notes.

It would even be better, in the case of comics with no notes, if it said "No notes available" on the label.  Keeps us from wasting time checking for something that doesn't exist.  If a book is for sale on eBay, for instance, how many people are accessing that page, only to find no notes?

Edited by Lightning55

@CGC Mike please share the results of this poll with management. As it stands, 9% are indifferent towards the change; 1% like the change; 47% say they will no longer purchase newly graded books; and 43% say they will still buy books but don't like the change.

In other words, 1% view the change favorably; 9% are indifferent; and 90% view the change negatively.

Edited by Red84

On 6/1/2022 at 1:48 PM, Red84 said:

@CGC Mike please share the results of this poll with management. As it stands, 9% are indifferent towards the change; 1% like the change; 47% say they will no longer purchase newly graded books; and 43% say they will still buy books but don't like the change.

In other words, 1% view the change favorably; 9% are indifferent; and 90% view the change negatively.

Your numbers are wrong because of the bait and switch tactic you used between the title and poll. I know I for one answered "no" before reading your poll because of what the title of the thread asked and since at least one more person before me posted the exact same thing, I know I'm not the only one. My actual answer would be "yes and the label change makes no difference" so add me to the list of indifferent folks. 

On 6/1/2022 at 5:12 PM, LordRahl said:

Your numbers are wrong because of the bait and switch tactic you used between the title and poll. I know I for one answered "no" before reading your poll because of what the title of the thread asked and since at least one more person before me posted the exact same thing, I know I'm not the only one. My actual answer would be "yes and the label change makes no difference" so add me to the list of indifferent folks. 

I noticed this as well.  The original title needs to be reinstated.  The new title just screwed up the entire poll.

@Red84

On 6/1/2022 at 6:51 PM, Galen130 said:

I noticed this as well.  The original title needs to be reinstated.  The new title just screwed up the entire poll.

@Red84

The original title never changed. :gossip:

But I will change it to match the poll question.

I'm sorry if people did not read the poll question before selecting a response. (shrug)

On 6/1/2022 at 6:12 PM, LordRahl said:

First. "Bait and switch" implies some negative intent. There was none. When you start a poll you also have to give a title to the thread and have to put content in the first post. I didn't copy and paste. 

Second. Sorry that you didn't read the question before responding to the poll. (shrug)

Third. I no longer buy CGC books so I honestly don't care one way or another. I feel bad for the inevitable buyers who are going to get ripped off by unscrupulous sellers because CGC decided it was better to keep material information hidden from its label.

Fourth. :foryou:

On 6/1/2022 at 7:15 PM, Red84 said:

The original title never changed. :gossip:

But I will change it to match the poll question.

I'm sorry if people did not read the poll question before selecting a response. (shrug)

I believe you are correct.  Two different things were posted...the one I read didn't reflect my answer.  Poll and initial post should be similar in content, especially for the old people around here. :baiting:

No polls for you!!! lol

3Srz7e.gif