• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll - In light of the new CGC label changes, will you buy CGC comics with the new less informative label?
3 3

In light of the new CGC label changes, will you buy CGC comics with the new less informative label?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy newly graded CGC comics with the new less informative label

• Yes - the label change makes no difference
    • Yes - but I don’t like the change
    • Yes - and I like the change
    • No

44 posts in this topic

of course i will still buy cgc graded books, and so will most of the people who currently do. the changes are very lame, but having a monopoly on this gig means cgc gives me no other choices than to either buy the competition, which is not attractive as their slabs sell for less, or buy raw, which i tend not to do on keys and semi keys, for investment's sake. 

The "problem", or oversight, in this poll and some of the commentary in the other thread, is CGC doesn't sell comics. As long as customers continue to submit comics, what do they care if they sell or not?

The issue, in my eyes, is on the lack of transparency in the product -- which is difficult to put a price tag on. I've been collecting graded comics for a while, but I was not aware there was an earlier change where CGC removed notes for centerfold detached, rusty staples, and 3-hole punch. After seeing cases with these notes on them, I assumed if it's not on the label the centerfold is attached, or the staples are shiny on the spine they are good at the centerfold, too. Now I'm questioning earlier purchases I made and what's really inside the case.

Put simply: If you are going to encase an item with the goal being to not remove the item after encasing, all interior defects should be readily and immediately available on the case itself.