• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
13 13

952 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2022 at 7:27 PM, Miketaylorwork said:

My Lee's all got shipped today, Thomas is still (stillll) in GEI.  I am not looking forward to the bill for the upcoming McFarland signing, 15 books is gonna hurt.

All my Lee's just got here, Thomas should be here Tuesday.  Keep thinking off adding more to the McFarland submission but worried everyone is doing that and it's going to tank the market. 

20220923_154941.jpg

On 10/20/2022 at 9:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 10/20/2022 at 9:01 PM, NateWallaceGaming said:

Tom Hardy shipped out today!

Screenshot_20221020-194055_Chrome.jpg

Expand  

Cool :)

Congrats on the 9,8 too!

I'm more impressed that you could send in your own book for the Hardy signing! Sometimes those bigger celebs have prechosen books. I was going through the process that not only did you send your own book, but that it went through their signing and still achieved 9.8 :x

The Hardy sig is awesome!!!

On 10/21/2022 at 9:49 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm more impressed that you could send in your own book for the Hardy signing! Sometimes those bigger celebs have prechosen books. I was going through the process that not only did you send your own book, but that it went through their signing and still achieved 9.8 :x

The Hardy sig is awesome!!!

20221025_110205.thumb.jpg.9cdf2474c8ef1752df072e33120668c7.jpg

Very nice Tom's sig looks weird congrats on the 9.8.

Update on my Larry Hama it is now in GEI and I sent some books to CBCS and were received today I should get those back in 2 weeks or so as they are express.

G.I. Joe, A Real American Hero #43 Direct Edition (One of my grail's I found at NYCC this one looks real nice should get a 9.6 or 9.8)

Avengers #33 [2020]

Dark Crisis FCBD Special Edition #0 Virgin Cover Edition

X-Men Red #7 [2022]  NYCC 2022 Blank Variant (This was given out at the Marvel panel at NYCC)

My McFarlane book was received in the "mail" by CGC on Oct 10th under delivery tracking, still has not been received under submission tracking by CGC as of today Oct 25th. So just an fyi

I called, and they said that "it could" run up to Nov 11th or a little after, and that also CGC might have Todd take more than one day in Dec to sign. Meaning it is so much that the signing could last into 2023, so idk, but be prepared :cheers:

Unless I've been given a line :roflmao: 

On 10/25/2022 at 3:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

My McFarlane book was received in the "mail" by CGC on Oct 10th under delivery tracking, still has not been received under submission tracking by CGC as of today Oct 25th. So just an fyi

I called, and they said that "it could" run up to Nov 11th or a little after, and that also CGC might have Todd take more than one day in Dec to sign. Meaning it is so much that the signing could last into 2023, so idk, but be prepared :cheers:

Unless I've been given a line :roflmao: 

That is correct about books being logged as I have experienced myself.  They will log the books that have earlier signing cut off first than others that have later cut off.  As long as your package shows up under submission, you are good.  The books will jus be moved to another pile to be entered at later time.

My Larry Hama book is being shipped it got a 6.5 white pages  it was a rough book and I  didn't get it pressed. I actually got graders notes.

Graders notes

light spine stress lines to cover
light tears to cover
moderate creasing to cover

Edited by DravinClaw
to add Graders notes

On 10/27/2022 at 1:10 PM, KeithS said:

My Larry Hama still says received at ccs.  I did request a press.  I assume those take longer?

afaik estimated with press for in house signings is still 8 weeks, 6 without. I believe :) 

Paul Dini Signing Event Submission
Delivered to CGC                    08/08
Received by CCS                    08/15 (5 business days later)
Credit Card Charged by CCS 08/24 (7 business days later / 12 days so far)
Scheduled for Grading           10/25 (42 business days later / 54 days so far)
Grading / Quality Control       10/26 (1 business day later / 55 days so far)
Shipped                                  10/28 (2 business days later / 57 days total)

So...super happy with CCS pressing as I got a grade bump to 9.6
Also Dini placed the signature / sketch where they would both work well.

My concern / anger?
I shipped my SS 9.4 Bruce Timm to CGC
The new label doesn't reference the previously witnessed Bruce Timm.
AND they even included the previous label back in this shipment.

Has this happened to anyone else?
If so, how did you handle it?

IMG_7684.jpg

Edited by troy.division

You can give customer service a call and see if they can fix the issue I hope others who would have better knowledge than I would chime in on this I'm kinda knew to the grading scene I only have done 2 SS through CGC and one regular submission through CBCS. Nice grade bump tho.

On 10/29/2022 at 11:04 AM, troy.division said:

Paul Dini Signing Event Submission
Delivered to CGC                    08/08
Received by CCS                    08/15 (5 business days later)
Credit Card Charged by CCS 08/24 (7 business days later / 12 days so far)
Scheduled for Grading           10/25 (42 business days later / 54 days so far)
Grading / Quality Control       10/26 (1 business day later / 55 days so far)
Shipped                                  10/28 (2 business days later / 57 days total)

So...super happy with CCS pressing as I got a grade bump to 9.6
Also Dini placed the signature / sketch where they would both work well.

My concern / anger?
I shipped my SS 9.4 Bruce Timm to CGC
The new label doesn't reference the previously witnessed Bruce Timm.
AND they even included the previous label back in this shipment.

Has this happened to anyone else?
If so, how did you handle it?

IMG_7684.jpg

I had it happen on a book. I contacted customer service and they had me return the book as a mechanical error and they got the label corrected free of charge. When you do it as Mechanical Error you also get to print out a return label so shipping either way is also free to you.