• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
13 13

956 posts in this topic

No problem. Now if someone can tell me why they are doing prepaid FedEx labels to send to signings instead of letting me just going through mail which is cheaper and easier for me to do. Unless it's just certain signings?

On 11/5/2022 at 11:02 AM, DravinClaw said:

No problem. Now if someone can tell me why they are doing prepaid FedEx labels to send to signings instead of letting me just going through mail which is cheaper and easier for me to do. Unless it's just certain signings?

There should be 2 boxes you can click when it comes to shipping to options. One is to send it via Fedex thru them and print the label in advance, second was to ship yourself or ship on your own. That option lets you send it how you want to. At least I had 2 boxes pop up for me. But how it is worded on the option of sending on your own is definitely not clear and confusing, but that option should be there. Just looked and the box says ship on your own or show drop off. 

Edited by Skippeydoo

Just got my Gleasons back- Sent in 6 books for the signing + custom label. 4 were already slabbed in 9.8, and 2 were raw.

Both raws got 9.8's, but one of my 9.8's was bumped down to a 9.6. :(

I know there's always a risk, and I'm fine with a 9.6 due to the rarity of this book. If I were to look and see it could be fixed with a C&P (Which is a long shot- No graders notes, so I'm going to have to wait to get it in hand) would CGC reprint a custom label advertised as only available for this signing if I submitted this book for a reholder + C&P? 

CGC_Reholder_Question.png

Ok, books are moving and submissions are showing up in my view (ie Todd McFarlane) but I am happy to report, I got 1 book back!  This is for the Larry Hama signing which I think took place during NYCC.

Here are the dates for your reference

08/05 - entered, Received at CCS

10/27 - Scheduled for Grading

11/03 - Grading / Quality Control

11/04 - Shipped

11/07 - Received

And no grader notes but happy with the grade.  Higher than I thought but press helped.

IF_16.jpeg

Another Submission delivered and have to say my worst one overall and it was due to damage to my book by poor handling either occurred at the signing or at pressing.  Trust me, book was damage free and securely packaged when sent.

Here are some timelines for reference for the Kael Ngu signing

09/19 - Received at CCS

10/24 - Scheduled for Grading.  Signing occurred at NYCC on 10/04

10/26 - G/E/I

10/27 - G/QC

11/08 - Shipped

11/11 - Delivered.

Expected both to be 9.6-9.8 and one did get a 9.8 (Yeah!) but the other came back 8.5...Ouch.  If you see the 3rd pic, you will see the damage done to book.  Even states it in Grader Notes, (light staple tears)

Happy for one but disappointed for the other.

damage.jpeg

IMG_2275.jpeg

IMG_2276.jpeg

On 11/14/2022 at 5:19 PM, Jtwpantera said:

Screenshot_20221114-155540_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9b692630004f4f694b3c4e95c17ab7f1.jpgMy J. Scott Campbell books were received on 8/22/2022, shipped on 11/11/2022 and delivered to me on 11/14/2022.  

These are sweet! I have a story but I'll spare you!

Good stuff! Curious if you requested blue ink ? ???

Looks "negatively" enough for the cover to be POSITIVE. :banana:

Congrats!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/14/2022 at 6:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

These are sweet! I have a story but I'll spare you!

Good stuff! Curious if you requested blue ink ? ???

Looks "negatively" enough for the cover to be POSITIVE. :banana:

Congrats!

I did request blue ink.  I would not mind if you messaged the story to me, I enjoy hearing about the experiences of others.

On 11/14/2022 at 6:01 PM, Jtwpantera said:

I did request blue ink.  I would not mind if you messaged the story to me, I enjoy hearing about the experiences of others.

I want to say in 2017 possibly 18, Campbell was at the big con near me. The year before I had got some Stan Lee ss at the con, that was 2016, so this must have been 2017 for Campbell. 

Spoiler

I wanted a sketch, but it was too expensive. I still swung by the Campbell table anyway, and he had the asm 4 negative variant in his bin to flip through for sale. Idk much about it, but I had the regular cover already so I passed. I asked his handler how much? it was only $20, but I went on about how cool it looked that I had to buy something and came away with 3 prints for $60.

Still, it was the only one in his bin not signed raw.

I was curious why, but I switched the question to, is the variant the same as the regular cover? idk squat about variants! Meanwhile the handler had switched to caring for Campbell and the signings, and it was the 2nd big con I attended that I was wondering the whole time how much "foot in my mouth" I wanted to digest !

Story short to say that they were all very polite and not at all condescending, so I wouldn't be surprised that he honored an ink request. So kudos to your books, and the whole experience! It's nice to "be able" and give credit when not only done correctly but as a request as well!

On 11/14/2022 at 6:19 PM, Jtwpantera said:

Screenshot_20221114-155540_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9b692630004f4f694b3c4e95c17ab7f1.jpgMy J. Scott Campbell books were received on 8/22/2022, shipped on 11/11/2022 and delivered to me on 11/14/2022.  

Sweet.  I am kind of surprised that you were able to get that custom label added.  Thought at the time of submission that those were retired but I could be wrong. I had submitted a Spider-Man and was looking for a custom label but no Spidey option. 

On 11/7/2022 at 11:33 AM, Skippeydoo said:

There should be 2 boxes you can click when it comes to shipping to options. One is to send it via Fedex thru them and print the label in advance, second was to ship yourself or ship on your own. That option lets you send it how you want to. At least I had 2 boxes pop up for me. But how it is worded on the option of sending on your own is definitely not clear and confusing, but that option should be there. Just looked and the box says ship on your own or show drop off. 

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'm done with CGC books this year....unless they have a signing that I definitely want.

I did get my books back from CBCS I got pretty good grades except on my NYCC X-Red #7 this book was 9.8 when I sent it and got a 9.6 for a indent on the top of the book that you can't even see....I'll edit this when I get home and adInsert existing attachmentd a pic of it.

PXL_20221203_195744980.jpg

PXL_20221203_195750813.jpg

Edited by DravinClaw
Added Pics of X-Men Red #7

My books from the JSC and SR duo signings arrived! Really odd submission tracking for this one.  The date never updated from initially recording of 08/05/22 and did not receive any email update of it from moving from CCS to CGC. It skipped a couple of steps and went to shipping.  I noticed it when I went to check on my other submissions.  Just happy to get them and no damage to them unlike other signing.

Timeline

08/05/22 - Received at CCS

11/21/22 - G/E/I

11/23/22 - Shipped

11/27/22 - Received.

Normally would see SFG and QC as well but did not show. Did verify with them that it did go through pressing.

On 11/14/2022 at 6:19 PM, Jtwpantera said:

Can’t tell them apart they look so perfect👍‼️❤️