• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
12 12

938 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2022 at 9:10 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well if it wasn't pressed then ya probably already signed, probably already signed regardless if at sfg, but no press would at least make sense lol

On how it moved so quick after signing 

Yeah no pressing,I didn't even get an email saying that it was received. My Jim Lee book needed a pressing and I think he is doing signings today at least that's what he said on the WhatsApp giveaway this morning.

On 8/17/2022 at 6:41 PM, DravinClaw said:

My Larry Hama book G.I.Joe #155 which I sent in on 8-6 and was picked up 8-10 is now scheduled for grading 8-17 not sure where it goes from there I'm curious if it already got signed.

the deadline to get the book to CGC was on Friday 8/12 .... today is 8/17

I can say with 100% certainty, the signing has not occurred yet

On 8/17/2022 at 10:43 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

the deadline to get the book to CGC was on Friday 8/12 .... today is 8/17

I can say with 100% certainty, the signing has not occurred yet

I know which why I was a tad shocked that it's in grading or is just in holding till the signing.  Forgive my noobness.

On 8/17/2022 at 9:56 PM, DravinClaw said:

I know which why I was a tad shocked that it's in grading or is just in holding till the signing.  Forgive my noobness.

all good, if you didn't get a press (like you said above) it would go right to SFG status upon receipt until signed when it will go into GEI (grading, encapsulation, imaging) status

My Chuck Dixon book went from SFG on 8/8 to Shipped in a week so apparently that signing happened. 

My Jim Salicrup book finally hit my submissions page and has been SFG as of 8/16. 

My Denys Cowan book is still in SFG as well since 6/20 but I'm hopeful this will start moving soon since they posted pics of this signing a few weeks ago.

Anyone heard anything about the Geof Isherwood signing? That one should've happened a bit ago but there's been no posts by CGC on the matter. 

On 8/18/2022 at 12:22 PM, ignition719 said:

My Chuck Dixon book went from SFG on 8/8 to Shipped in a week so apparently that signing happened. 

My Jim Salicrup book finally hit my submissions page and has been SFG as of 8/16. 

My Denys Cowan book is still in SFG as well since 6/20 but I'm hopeful this will start moving soon since they posted pics of this signing a few weeks ago.

Anyone heard anything about the Geof Isherwood signing? That one should've happened a bit ago but there's been no posts by CGC on the matter. 

I still have heard nothing on my Chuck Dixon book.....it's been in sent for grading since June 6th.  I sent another book to be signed (by Taylor) in July and got it back a week ago.

On 8/15/2022 at 3:02 PM, waynemel said:

Same status as of today though last week I did place a hold at CGC as I was going to be out of town last week.  I did not want them to mail it out as there would be no one to sign for it.  Called them today to release the hold and the rep said it was in the shipping dept so it may be close.

Though I think being in G/QC is taking longer.  Usually a couple of days after does it go to ship but it is longer like others have experienced.

Good news!  Checking my status today...marked Shipped!  Took a while to move from QC (08/04) to Ship (08/18).  Now the wait for the next set of signings to occur :) 

On 8/19/2022 at 5:08 PM, DravinClaw said:

That sucks would it be worth it to get re-slabbed ?

is that comment to me?

if so, why would I get it reslabbed?

fyi, to anyone wondering, per CGC's social media today was the 3rd and final day of their Lee/Williams/Sinclair in house signing

On 8/18/2022 at 3:26 PM, waynemel said:

Good news!  Checking my status today...marked Shipped!  Took a while to move from QC (08/04) to Ship (08/18).  Now the wait for the next set of signings to occur :) 

My slabs arrived today (08/22) and very happy with the results!  

Silk 1 3/22 Marvel Comics Comic Mint Edition C 9.8 WHITE SIGNED BY INHYUK LEE ON 5/19/22
Hellions 14 10/21 Marvel Comics Lee ""Virgin"" Edition 9.8 WHITE SIGNED BY INHYUK LEE ON 5/19/22

On 8/18/2022 at 1:12 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

I still have heard nothing on my Chuck Dixon book.....it's been in sent for grading since June 6th.  I sent another book to be signed (by Taylor) in July and got it back a week ago.

That's surprising... mine was both pressed and remarqued. Moon Knight #1... kinda wish I had gotten is back two weeks ago because Sal Velluto was here in town and I'd have loved to get him to sign it along with Chuck.

On 8/24/2022 at 5:12 PM, ignition719 said:

That's surprising... mine was both pressed and remarqued. Moon Knight #1... kinda wish I had gotten is back two weeks ago because Sal Velluto was here in town and I'd have loved to get him to sign it along with Chuck.

I think remarques were done first. My Remarque is on its way back to me now, but my signature only hasn’t moved.

On 8/24/2022 at 6:12 PM, ignition719 said:

I called a couple of days ago and they noted it''s strange because it was signed in June (although my update doesn't have that).  So I'm starting to get a little worried and will call back on Monday if I don't hear anything until then.

On 8/26/2022 at 8:14 PM, DravinClaw said:

I'm still in the same holding pattern even tho they charged my cc for the full amount for the Jim Lee signing. I thought they  charged you after it was encapsulated.

And they also charged me for the Larry Hama one as well.

It's random, usually anytime at cgc they can be charged, yet with signings it does seem to be just before the signing or when it reaches ccs and then again when at cgc