• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying a Signature
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone!  I know there are a lot of experts on this forum and I was hoping someone might recognize the signature in the pictures below.  Recently unearthed these books but can’t recognize who was the person who signed this.  Any direction would be greatly appreciate.  Thanks !

A261D9A0-A273-4076-A242-D31DAD71CF58.jpeg

316EBDC1-292C-4B9D-B5CE-F62A37BC8F01.jpeg

I think its an old Art Thibert signature

very generally, if you see unrecognized signatures on a book, you can take the followings steps on your own:

1.  Look up the artists/creators who worked a given book. There are comic data bases, but you can just google it pretty easily.

2.  Go on ebay and try to see what the signatures for those creators look like.  Typically CGC SS is best, but it doesn't really matter.

3.  Compare signatures from ebay to what is on your book.  If no identical matches are found, do your best to match identical significant features of the signature.  Some people have different signatures for different situations, and some have signatures that have changed a little or a lot over time.