• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CGC Prices/Subgrades Cost Going Up
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Just announced today July 5th CGC will have some prices changes. Bulk, Economy, and Standard are unchanged but curious to see the price of adding subgrades per card is going up another $5 to $15/card.

What do you guys think of the changes? For me its a shame because I think the slabs look so much better when they have the subgrades 😓

On 6/1/2022 at 11:04 AM, Bender322 said:

Damn. For Bulk orders with sub grades, that's essentially a 20% increase per card. A 50 card order goes from $1250 to $1500. 

Yeah I was collecting another bulk order to send in and might have to make it a bit larger now and not wait since I love the subgrades.

I agree @rhunnicutt, the label looks better with subgrades. It looks like I'll only be using subgrades on certain, more expensive cards only. A few months ago I was contemplating getting subgradess on a bulk order, since the upgrade in price, I'll order grading w/ subgrades sparingly, especially on bulk orders.

Atleast CGC continues to make subgrades an option and that they didn't abandon it altogether.

@cyclonus11 custom and/or a more variety of labels would be nice, something to fill in that white space, if one didn't choose subgrades

On 6/1/2022 at 8:04 PM, Bender322 said:

Damn. For Bulk orders with sub grades, that's essentially a 20% increase per card. A 50 card order goes from $1250 to $1500. 

Its more than 20%
For bulk it was $15 plus $5=$20
Now its $15 plus $15=$30

50 cards was $1000
Now its $1500 :(
Subgrades was my main reason for using CGC, and price, but now not so sure...

It seems like to me that there has to be something that gives. I am an elite member and have really enjoyed CGC grading standars, sub-grades, and the slabs they have brought to the market for Trading Cards. I am pursuing a complete reverse holo set of Ex Team Rocket Returns, but now that I am down to replacing/upgrading the last 5-10 cards from the set, it is so hard to justify spending the money for the economy level + subgrades. I think there has to be incentive for us to collect with CGC, especially with PSA running July special and their economy being $30.

I have loved CGC and would like to continue submitting and being an Elite level member, but the $15 per sub-grade feels like a big slap in the face for those of us that chose to go with CGC for the grading, especially sub-grades.

I have loved the sets and hope to see those get expanded upon, but won't pursue much further grading unless it's in bulk and even then, doubling my cost per card from $15 to $30 per card for sub-grades sucks.