• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Under-rated or Obscure Bronze age characters
2 2

84 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2022 at 8:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Recent pick up by me for something like $43 :) 

Some LCS are generous when it comes to these "underated" loves lol 

GetImage.aspx?c=4777478&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=Ni80LzIwMjIgOTozNDoyMyBQTQ%3d%3d

Human fly is vastly under rated! I actually would pick this up off the stands. Didn’t he also team up with ghost rider in issue 2

On 6/4/2022 at 9:52 PM, APDallas said:

Human fly is vastly under rated! I actually would pick this up off the stands. Didn’t he also team up with ghost rider in issue 2

It's one of those, that if it were copper age, I'd compare it to a darkhawk book. Truly I dont know much about the human fly, but this issue has always been attractive to me, maybe because there is a 35 vent variant that I had one day hoped to find dollar bin diving.

I'd be interested to hear if ghost rider showed up!

On 6/4/2022 at 8:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's one of those, that if it were copper age, I'd compare it to a darkhawk book. Truly I dont know much about the human fly, but this issue has always been attractive to me, maybe because there is a 35 vent variant that I had one day hoped to find dollar bin diving.

I'd be interested to hear if ghost rider showed up!

The cover implies far more excitement than what the reader actually gets, imo. 
U9NWsaCl.jpg

On 6/4/2022 at 10:35 PM, Readcomix said:

No pix handy but off the top of my head: Kamandi, Woodgod @kav (Marvel Premiere 31) and the Shroud (SVTU #5).

The Shroud!  Definitely.  As for Kamandi or (the yet unmentioned) Warlord, I thought neither would be considered “underrated” due to both having seemingly successful solo books.  Kamandi and Warlord are probably my two favorite 70’s DC titles that don’t include Superman(Lois, Jimmy, JLA, etc.)

Edited by steveinthecity
Clarity

On 6/5/2022 at 1:05 PM, steveinthecity said:

The Shroud!  Definitely.  As for Kamandi or (the yet unmentioned) Warlord, I thought neither would be considered “underrated” due to both having seemingly successful solo books.  Kamandi and Warlord are probably my two favorite 70’s DC titles that don’t include Superman(Lois, Jimmy, JLA, etc.)

I could see that. I didn’t think of Warlord because I agree and what more could be done with him? But Kamandi’s run was maybe half as long (59 issues; slowly working my way through a recently completed run, so maybe I’m partial right now. Loved the ones I read as a kid.) I just think of Kamandi as a whole rich world they could do more with. Maybe I’ll feel different once I read the whole thing; maybe he character is tapped out.

Not that this equates to underrated, but I keep thinking that if the movie studios reach for comics other than strict superheroes for big budget material, DC has 2 of the best 3 candidates for non-hero movies: Kamandi and the Challs. (My third top-of-head pick is Magnus in our ever more robot- and AI-obsessed world.)

On 6/5/2022 at 10:29 AM, Readcomix said:

I could see that. I didn’t think of Warlord because I agree and what more could be done with him? But Kamandi’s run was maybe half as long (59 issues; slowly working my way through a recently completed run, so maybe I’m partial right now. Loved the ones I read as a kid.) I just think of Kamandi as a whole rich world they could do more with. Maybe I’ll feel different once I read the whole thing; maybe he character is tapped out.

Not that this equates to underrated, but I keep thinking that if the movie studios reach for comics other than strict superheroes for big budget material, DC has 2 of the best 3 candidates for non-hero movies: Kamandi and the Challs. (My third top-of-head pick is Magnus in our ever more robot- and AI-obsessed world.)

Not meaning to go off topic, but I’d think Metal Men could be turned into something as well.