• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic four #86: Doom says "Grade it" !

13 posts in this topic

Now as to why I see it 9.0. First gut reaction, I am looking at a new comic. Upon inspection slight(and do I ever mean slight) dog ear on front cover. Spine, some scuff but that could just be as a result of production. Colors good but slight(again slight tanning along edge). Super small spine creases, could be production again. Still keeps outside of 9.4 realm and 9.2 for that matter. Very, very nice book.

9.0 sumo.gif

But if you get it slabbed, don't be surprised if you get hammered for the hint of a reader's crease at Reed's back - CGC will give you an 8.0 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I agree with Nikos that the corner nibs are fully allowable in 9.2.

Thanks all.

This comic was bought on Ebay France, the seller describing it as a "FINE+".

By the way, he does not seem to be involved in comics, but more in movies posters.

He's the same that sold me the FF #112 graded by some of you the last time.

All the others books were undergraded the same way... Sometimes, you can be lucky on Ebay... yay.gif

The last time i was so lucky, it was when i bought my copy of Daredevil #43. It was on Ebay USA, 3 years ago.

Tiny scan, small description ("MINT BOOK")...

Got it in my mailbox and was surprised by the excellent shape of the book (despite the fact that it was sent with no protection, just in a wrap).

CGC graded it as a 9.6. I still cannot believe that this book made it safe to France with so little protection...

At this time, i was living in Paris and my mailbox was also really small (like most of the mail box in our capital)...

My postman liked to push (i mean crushed) my mail in it frustrated.gif

When i think i could have own a 9.8 893scratchchin-thumb.gif