• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

On 6/3/2022 at 11:03 AM, shadroch said:

That is called theft. 

They took your goods and your money and didn't provide the promised services in a timely manner.  I dson't see how a judge would let them keep either.  As they provided you with no service, how could they justify keeping your books? It's not as if this is an isolated incident. 

If this isn't HOS behavior, what is?

I completely agree with you but my books have only been there since Feb so I'm still within the TATs.  But everyone else?  Sheesh.  

Add in the extra kick in the nuts with the disparity between slow and fast track?  That's a racket and a half.  

Edit: I would have never submitted if I knew that TATs were going to be this long and I won't be subbing anymore Econ books until they figure this out.  I'm sure I'm not alone in this.  

Edited by Beastfeast

lol

I just found out, that searching my submission page, for when it falls off this month....

That it only brings you to the grades, and it DOES NOT bring you to the status page :( 

@CGC Mike so if it "moves", which my Oct probably will before it falls off the page this month, I won't know at all :( 

Until maybe it gets to shipped and the grades show :ohnoez:

And THAT isn't going to give me tracking, and I'll have to call CGC anyway doh!

In the end, it is what it is, just :sorry: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/3/2022 at 9:26 AM, Economy Joe said:

hm

as to the other point, I pay by check (shrug)

You should have some protection.  So you paid up front by check for something you will wait a year on? I assume they already cashed it?

On 6/3/2022 at 10:28 AM, Economy Joe said:

I let my membership lapse in april. I have a pile of nice books, economy tier and standard tier, but they are not going to cgc. why submit when it cannot be completed in a membership year?

complete and utter fail is almost an understatment

can we hire mark zaid?

My membership comes to an end this month. Can we still track our submissions?

Well if this issues constitute a 2nd degree misdemeanor technically the statutes of limitations in Florida state that it must be filed within 1 year of when the crime was committed. 

Depending on how this is viewed you may not even have any chance with some of these already being over a year. 

They literally have now held some of our books so long it is not even considered a crime anymore.  

On 6/3/2022 at 3:44 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Well if this issues constitute a 2nd degree misdemeanor technically the statutes of limitations in Florida state that it must be filed within 1 year of when the crime was committed. 

Depending on how this is viewed you may not even have any chance with some of these already being over a year. 

They literally have now held some of our books so long it is not even considered a crime anymore.  

Well, CGC tells you it will be at least two hundred and something-something days, so any "theft" wouldn't have occurred until after the estimated TAT has passed, and probably then some just as a good faith margin of error.  I'm not sure how far past the estimated return date it would have to be for it to be legally considered a "theft," but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't count the time that CGC legimately held the book on the business purposes for which it was submitted.  The fact that it was voluntarily submitted in the first place would be an obstacle to showing that CGC currently possesses the book unlawfully, but if you have a record of correspondence in which you asked for your books to be returned to you and that request was refused, then you might be able to build a case for theft starting with the date of their receipt of your request to return the books.

On 6/3/2022 at 4:23 PM, Axe Elf said:

Well, CGC tells you it will be at least two hundred and something-something days, so any "theft" wouldn't have occurred until after the estimated TAT has passed, and probably then some just as a good faith margin of error.  I'm not sure how far past the estimated return date it would have to be for it to be legally considered a "theft," but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't count the time that CGC legimately held the book on the business purposes for which it was submitted.  The fact that it was voluntarily submitted in the first place would be an obstacle to showing that CGC currently possesses the book unlawfully, but if you have a record of correspondence in which you asked for your books to be returned to you and that request was refused, then you might be able to build a case for theft starting with the date of their receipt of your request to return the books.

I would agree .

I was only posting that as others had mentioned "legal" action . 

And similar to your post these are all just some of the MANY obstacles that would all have to be faced if someone wanted to pursue that route.  

Personally I will just wait for my books back. At the same time I will not be sending them any more Economy books.

On 6/3/2022 at 5:35 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

At the same time I will not be sending them any more Economy books.

Remove the word 'Economy' from your statement and you can be on my team.

On 6/3/2022 at 2:23 PM, Axe Elf said:

If they knew they were telling people estimates they knew were no good, that has to break some compact.     

On 6/3/2022 at 4:47 PM, Gaard said:

Remove the word 'Economy' from your statement and you can be on my team.

My last submission was for the Terry Austin signing which was 4 books. 3 had to make a return trip for issues. Once they made it back they had to go back again for different issues.  Two of those three were marked as shipped today so in the next day or two I should know if those are finally fixed. The third is SFG, but has been escalated to the head grader for review.

:gossip: I have not sent another book to CGC since all of these issues. 

Although I do still have these to get back and the books that I sent in to the George Perez signing that have also been a big mess(really hope they do not screw these up like they did with my TA books although just like Economy Tier they are WAY off on their estimate of 8 weeks TAT)  I do not have high hopes. 

They obviously do not need my money and I do not need the headaches, damage, year plus waits, etc, with my books.