• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2022 at 8:59 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Just took a look at the current grading tiers and fees. 

$35 per Eco

+$15 to FT

No updates on fast tracks in 2 months?

Ah I understand 

For about a month no ft updates either for economy. I want to say there maybe 2 in the past 4 weeks, but dont quote me.

I was almost tempted to say no, none at all. But I vaguely remember once or twice.

As I made the point in the tat thread several times that the fast track wasnt even being updated  (thumbsu

Basically @THE_BEYONDER 

@joeypost has asked going on 2 months, for any update, I pointed out that not even fast track had been reported. No economy updates other than someone's who was the last to post an update, which was around I think March reminded us he had posted. And I believe his was fast track maybe

Since this is true if you want to talk savings, it would be more appropriate to distinguish between economy and the next tier, which is standard or express.

Lol I'm not sure that price d

On 6/2/2022 at 7:19 PM, Ryan. said:

I called customer service and they said they're considering hiring another efficiency expert to come in and think about what can be done to better ignore the Economy tier.

The most interesting thing about that is that you got phone privileges back.

There was so much demand, CGC found themselves econstipated.

It should work itself out.

(Hopefully before Economy Joe becomes public enema #1.)

200-2.gif.594f40577acb2e7324b9d29eaa1cbcd3.gif

The same waiting line. Although mine are behind most of yours.  They were received by  10/1 and were hand delivered by Joey.  They got checked in and SFG the same day. Now I wait to see when you guys get to exit the void as this should at least signal some hope.

Especially since they dropped off of my submission page. :facepalm:

On 6/2/2022 at 10:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Since this is true if you want to talk savings, it would be more appropriate to distinguish between economy and the next tier, which is standard or express.

Lol I'm not sure that price d

Standard is next at $80, followed by Express at $130

For me, the issue is that had I KNOWN what the real TAT was when I submitted, I would not have even bothered. I was fine to wait an extended period of time but the time now is crazy and basically books are being held as ransom in some void.

And even worse as books have fallen off the tracker.

On 6/3/2022 at 9:27 AM, Wall-Crawler said:

books are being held as ransom in some void.

and we have a few more weeks at least before any movement according to mike

My issue is never with TATs (although, get a bit more skilled at the estimating part, that isn't even a reasonable explanation anymore) but with the fact that economy has been stagnant and other tiers TATs halved. It is some sort of bait and switch that they must be liable for, I just am not the guy to know how. It is subtle but it is there in the TATs.

My books are also old value tier books that were at the presser's and didn't make the time cut when value ended. so triple bait and switch.

Here is the update I got today from my LCS who submitted for me. My 4 economy books that were delivered on July 12th 2021 are currently at 223 business days.

I just spoke with CGC and they said “unfortunately it will be 6-8 more weeks with economy as they are way behind”, the turnaround times on the site are not accurate for the economy tier.

Ya think?  They clearly know that the posted TaT is completely inaccurate yet it remains unchanged. Unless there is a clear internal plan to focus additional resources on economy, this a farce and likely a weak effort to placate customers who are calling. Complete and utter fail :facepalm: It's going to be a long time before I even think about submitting anything else.

On 6/3/2022 at 10:23 AM, universal soldier said:

Complete and utter fail :facepalm: It's going to be a long time before I even think about submitting anything else.

I let my membership lapse in april. I have a pile of nice books, economy tier and standard tier, but they are not going to cgc. why submit when it cannot be completed in a membership year?

complete and utter fail is almost an understatment

can we hire mark zaid?

On 6/3/2022 at 10:39 AM, shadroch said:

Has anyone tried a chargeback on their credit cards?  You are not getting the services you paid for and Visa and Mastercard are facilitating a company that charges for goods yet doesn't deliver.  If a home improvement contractor was doing this in Florida, they'd lose their  business operating license in a matter of weeks.

Somebody needs to call Judge Judy. 

The chargeback would be fine if they weren't holding potentially thousands of dollars in books.