• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2022 at 8:47 AM, Leert said:

My submission for Economy is today at 253 business days (369 calendar days). ToT is currently stated as 210 business days (138 when I ordered). The support said that they "lost" my comics, but I'm starting to have trust issues towards CGC. My feeling is that they are under much internal pressure to keep the official ToT as low as possible on their website and it's just not showing the true status. Funny enough, I sent to CBCS at the same time (similar tier) as I was trying them out also to decide on where to send my comics going forward. I got those in January. 

So where they good enough that you might continue with them going forward?

What I don't completely understand is IF we sent in books almost a year ago ( I have 3 of them like that from August and early Sept) AND the tats were only 30+ days originally, wouldn't those submissions be pushed front as a FIFO method?  I realize that as more and more subs go in the lead time can be pushed but the earlier ones should not be affected...?

On 6/13/2022 at 3:10 PM, Gaard said:

That might possibly make some sort of sense *if* CGC was even grading Economy books, It looks like no one has even so much as looked at an Economy book for a few months now.

@CGC Mike has it been long enough? Is there any hope?

• Administrator
On 6/13/2022 at 4:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 6/13/2022 at 4:10 PM, Gaard said:

That might possibly make some sort of sense *if* CGC was even grading Economy books, It looks like no one has even so much as looked at an Economy book for a few months now.

@CGC Mike has it been long enough? Is there any hope?

It is my understanding that we are now grading economy submissions.

• Administrator
On 6/13/2022 at 8:23 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

While that sounds like good news. 

It also implies that they were not. 

Which is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!

I cannot confirm that grading for economy stopped.  However, it did slow down.  

On 6/13/2022 at 8:00 PM, electricprune said:

😮

Yes indeed. Not having much choice in the situation I'm just hopeful, shame it's been so long, but still hopeful.

I've seen times when tat changed back on a dime, or at least within a month  :wishluck:

Hope it's being taken seriously 

On 6/13/2022 at 8:47 AM, Leert said:

The support said that they "lost" my comics, but I'm starting to have trust issues towards CGC. 

So somehow them losing your comics didn't lead to trust issues?