• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2022 at 6:48 PM, Gaard said:

Has CGC ever stated exactly why the Economy tier is so long?

My theory?

I suspect the two large collections (Promise and Oregon Coast) HA dumped on CCS and CGC in the 1st/2nd quarter of 2020 are probably the main culprit.

My guess it was an all hands on deck type of affair, pulling graders from every tier to assist. After all, HA had two big auctions coming up in September and January, so my guess is that was CGCs primary focus for 3-4 months.

Once the collections were finished, they focused on getting moderns caught up, as that comprised the majority of their ungraded population accrued during the Summer of Speculation.

Again, just my theory. I’m probably way off 🫣

Edited by djpinkpanther67

On 11/4/2022 at 9:26 AM, djpinkpanther67 said:

My theory?

I suspect the two large collections (Promise and Oregon Coast) HA dumped on CCS and CGC in the 1st/2nd quarter of 2020 are probably the main culprit.

My guess it was an all hands on deck type of affair, pulling graders from every tier to assist. After all, HA had two big auctions coming up in September and January, so my guess is that was CGCs primary focus for 3-4 months.

Once the collections were finished, they focused on getting moderns caught up, as that comprised the majority of their ungraded population accrued during the Summer of Speculation.

Again, just my theory. I’m probably way off 🫣

My theory?

CGC has intentionally throttled Economy to disincentivize people from using the cheapest tier and instead pay up for Fast Track. I don't think it's a coincidence that Fast Track Economy is currently moving at lightning speed.

On 11/4/2022 at 9:32 AM, Ryan. said:

CGC has intentionally throttled Economy to disincentivize people from using the cheapest tier and instead pay up for Fast Track. I don't think it's a coincidence that Fast Track Economy is currently moving at lightning speed.

No addressing anyone specific, but you really have to wear rose colored glasses to think it is anything but this.

mikey checked and was told the economy tier was "the last thing to get addressed" or something like that. I emphasize the word last, as in it will never be fixed. I am not sure it was meant that way, typed words lose context, maybe they meant only remaining but since we have seen no changes (5 days, whoopitdeedo) I would think when they say "last" they mean never, and not at the end.

cgc has gone rotten from the core...it has spread slowly but surely and now even the boards are craptastic. Fun in submitting, fun with slabbing, fun with talking about slabbing here on the boards...all falling apart or gone entirely

On 11/1/2022 at 7:50 PM, gadzukes said:

OK, my FINAL slow economy has shipped 

Shipped to CGC in June 2021.  Finally marked Received 11/10/21.  

It SHIPPED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never never never will I use slow Economy again

Yes, as far as I'm concerned,  Regular (SLOW!) Economy is dead!  The Fast Track Economy is the regular one now.  I'll just have to pull back on the number of Economy books I submit to justify the added cost. 

On 11/4/2022 at 9:49 AM, musicmeta said:

Yes, as far as I'm concerned,  Regular (SLOW!) Economy is dead!  The Fast Track Economy is the regular one now.  I'll just have to pull back on the number of Economy books I submit to justify the added cost. 

I press my own books now, so the $ (and time) I'm saving by pressing myself is paying the "fast track" fees.

On 11/4/2022 at 9:38 AM, Bird said:

No addressing anyone specific, but you really have to wear rose colored glasses to think it is anything but this.

mikey checked and was told the economy tier was "the last thing to get addressed" or something like that. I emphasize the word last, as in it will never be fixed. I am not sure it was meant that way, typed words lose context, maybe they meant only remaining but since we have seen no changes (5 days, whoopitdeedo) I would think when they say "last" they mean never, and not at the end.

cgc has gone rotten from the core...it has spread slowly but surely and now even the boards are craptastic. Fun in submitting, fun with slabbing, fun with talking about slabbing here on the boards...all falling apart or gone entirely

This.

Also, I'm pretty sure I remember reading something (from a CGC employee who frequents the boards) like "They have started to grade Economy books again." meaning they just outright stop grading them at times.

On 10/30/2022 at 11:15 PM, Ares said:

I used a presser who sent in some books in October of Last year

The Finally Arrive this week

I got my books in hand. 

To lazy to Photo all of them. 

Will post them possibly tommorow

On 11/8/2022 at 8:52 PM, Ares said:

I got my books in hand. 

To lazy to Photo all of them. 

Will post them possibly tommorow

I hope they arrived safe and sound whenever an inspection is made  :)

Still YAY they're finally back ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/4/2022 at 9:38 AM, Bird said:

Trouble maker.