• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2022 at 10:26 AM, gadzukes said:

My 8/11 submission is still SFG

Mine are 8/18. Bird's is somewhere there, too. Other peeps here have E subs from around there. Which one of us gets to be the hero and have our sub go to G/E/I first? :)

I was making dinner one night when my son was knee high to a grasshopper. A quick and easy meal that took no longer than 15 minutes to make ... bacon and eggnoodles with a little butter stirred in. My son first looked at his plate, then at me and said, "Dad, are we poor?"

I don't know why, but when I read the 2 terms "slightly more expensive" and "a little bit more" in the above post, it made me think of that.

Edited by Gaard

On 6/4/2022 at 10:49 AM, Gaard said:

Mine are 8/18. Bird's is somewhere there, too. Other peeps here have E subs from around there. Which one of us gets to be the hero and have our sub go to G/E/I first? :)

I bought some nice books today. Now I am wondering what I do with them, I surely would have sent them off to cgc prior to getting the ecolonostomy but I surely will NOT be doing so now, at least not until my books are back. Which I will not be announcing in any thread, screw reinforcing them for finally getting them done if and when it happens. (I'll have the old name back when I get my old books back though. I am grooving on Economy Joe though, he is a bit angrier, leaning into the frustration generated by the unscheduled ecolonostomy.)

On 6/2/2022 at 7:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Basically @THE_BEYONDER 

@joeypost has asked going on 2 months, for any update, I pointed out that not even fast track had been reported. No economy updates other than someone's who was the last to post an update, which was around I think March reminded us he had posted. And I believe his was fast track maybe

Economy FT is pretty much at warp speed. My 3 subs that were received on 4/25 were shipped on 5/5, which is less than 10 business days for those counting at home. ST however is still sitting in SFG from mid October.

On 6/5/2022 at 11:07 AM, zzutak said:

However, in my opinion, they have an obligation to more-or-less meet the stated TAT estimates in place at the time a submission is made.  

EXACTLY!!!

Why play games CGC?  TAT is at of the date submitted...its for people to understand if they submitted today, how long it will take to get back.

TAT's should NOT be used a moving target for current submissions....  I have been saying this for so long....

I wonder what turnaround times would change to if CGC implemented a minimum age for books that get submitted?  For example no books newer than 18 months can be submitted. I’m sure there are a ton of new books that get submitted every month just so they can be flipped. I think something like this could go a long way to decreasing turn around times and helping the overall market become more consistent. 

Edited by AceHazard

Zeno explains CGC TATs:

In order for your books to reach the maximum turnaround time, they must first wait half of the turnaround time.

Then, before they can reach the maximum turnaround time, they must also wait half of the remaining turnaround time.

Then, they still have a ways to go to reach the maximum turnaround time, and before they can get there, they must first wait half of the turnaround time that is left.

They must then wait half of THAT time, and so on.

Bottom line:  You will never get your books back, because the maximum turnaround time can clearly never be reached.

I hope that makes things clear.

On 6/4/2022 at 11:22 PM, JollyComics said:

ANY good or positive news or outcomes so far?

I haven't seen anything positive or good news for months!

Aaron Boone is having a season that will make him a very rich man.  Live vicariously.

My neice got married in August in Fort Lauderdale.  The limo that picked up the family for the 45 minute ride to the church had no ac. They promised a different limo would pick them up after the service. Instead of a big strertch to fit everyone, they sent a SUV that needed to make two trips to fit everyone.  They offered $100 off a total limo bill of almost $2500.  They refused to even negotiate, so my neice and her three friends started showing up at the bridal expos the limo company wouldf set up at for future business. They made up flyers about their horrible experiance and tried to give them to everyone who expressed an interest in the company. After the fourth or fifth event they went to, the company offered them a full refund on that portion of the bill. 

Squeaky wheels get attention.  

On 6/7/2022 at 1:07 PM, Transplant said:

Don't hate me.  My EFT was rec'd 5/9 and shipped 5/27.  Mind you. My MFT rec'd 5/9 is still sitting at SFG. 

I have an Economy FT that was received 5/10 and is currently in G/QC.