• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

On 6/7/2022 at 8:51 PM, Iceman399 said:

lol It looks like Econ is at 14 months from the day they receive the box.  Which is approx 280-300 business days...a far cry from the 210 that is posted. 

That is just mind boggling.  How can they possibly be THAT far behind yet can get a slow modern book back in 3 months?  

On 6/7/2022 at 9:22 PM, Beastfeast said:

That is just mind boggling.  How can they possibly be THAT far behind yet can get a slow modern book back in 3 months?  

it is a purposeful message that they are sending...they do not want this tier books submitted unless people pay for FT

they haven't touched an economy level book in weeks as far as we can tell...which is better than moving backwards in time from early august to late july (which was the last update we got but it appears to have been a mistake in letting us know that and not an actual customer service update or anything.)

Pretty sure they’ll be increasing posted economy slow times soon.

Next week my 8/10 submission will be at 210 business days from the day of check in/SFG. Pretty sure they won’t magically knock out the massive August backlog in a week or two.

Although they used to say the clock starts when it is actually received at their facility.

And even once it gets through grading it still has to go through finger bending, edge gouging, and hair application before it's ready for defect obscurement labeling and encapsulation orientation determination.

So just chill and let everyone do their jobs.

What they have done to their customers with Economy is a real "dirty".

By having SO many pre-1975 books just "sitting" somewhere, I guess they are not concerned with any potential increased liability exposure?

My 8 books were opened and listed as scheduled for grading, so if the package was opened, where or how exactly are they being protected/stored? how are they keeping track, etc.? Just stacks and stacks and stacks of books in some warehouse?

istockphoto-1209719027-612x612.jpg

Edited by Wall-Crawler

On 6/8/2022 at 10:41 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

What they have done to their customers with Economy is a real "dirty".

By having SO many pre-1975 books just "sitting" somewhere, I guess they are not concerned with any potential increased liability exposure?

My 8 books were opened and listed as scheduled for grading, so if the package was opened, where or how exactly are they being protected/stored? how are they keeping track, etc.? Just stacks and stacks and stacks of books in some warehouse?

istockphoto-1209719027-612x612.jpg

'Comic Jenga' is a popular breaktime activity. 

Such a joke that the web site continues to state a 210 BD TaT for sloconomy. I'm at 226 and still SFG. 

I find it hard to believe that the designers of their state of the art facilities designed a secure storage area years ago in anticipation of becoming a defacto storage center.

On 6/8/2022 at 2:11 PM, Shockmaster said:

Time to make a call!

My post from last Friday. My LCS submitted for me so they did the contact. Sometime in late July seems to be the new target. If I split the difference and they actually ship the book in that time frame I will be at 255 business days so the 210 is just BS.

On 6/3/2022 at 10:23 AM, universal soldier said:

I just spoke with CGC and they said “unfortunately it will be 6-8 more weeks with economy as they are way behind”, the turnaround times on the site are not accurate for the economy tier.

Reading this thread is all you need to do to understand how this company does business.  I joined years ago to understand the process before I started submitting books.

I have yet to submit and don't see that changing, quality control going the wrong direction, prices and going up, & year long TAT's, not interested.

On 6/8/2022 at 4:09 PM, universal soldier said:

My post from last Friday. My LCS submitted for me so they did the contact. Sometime in late July seems to be the new target. If I split the difference and they actually ship the book in that time frame I will be at 255 business days so the 210 is just BS.

Welcome to my Deaf World.....they are ....

haintz-markus.gif.7eee1f795f8ac6f3586619f15056ce79.gif

So with these books (including mine) sitting for over a year at CGC's warehouse since first delivered, and then being transported/shuffled to the new warehouse, what assurance do we have that the books were not mishandled in any way?

On 6/10/2022 at 12:57 PM, iae21 said:

what assurance do we have that the books were not mishandled in any way?

:roflmao:

On 6/10/2022 at 12:57 PM, iae21 said:

So with these books (including mine) sitting for over a year at CGC's warehouse since first delivered, and then being transported/shuffled to the new warehouse, what assurance do we have that the books were not mishandled in any way?

What assurance do you have that you will even still be alive by the time they get around to grading them?

Edited by jharvey