• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2022 at 10:18 AM, Ninja0215 said:

6 months for w/ pressing.  Guess I know where I'm at in line. Hopefully I get a good grade bump. 🤞

ya lol you confused reacted, I thought maybe somehow it didn't "make sense" lol 

I sent them early October last year and were opened plus marked "received" fairly quickly to no avail. Slow track no press, just a regular submission.

What stinks is that I did the same thing with some Economy books in March. I guess I should have wised up! doh! 

On 6/11/2022 at 11:20 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya lol you confused reacted, I thought maybe somehow it didn't "make sense" lol 

I sent them early October last year and were opened plus marked "received" fairly quickly to no avail. Slow track no press, just a regular submission.

What stinks is that I did the same thing with some Economy books in March. I guess I should have wised up! doh! 

Yeah, I didn't think folks would be waiting just as long for regular grading lol next batch of books I send I'm gonna fast track. I have four moderns received at the same time still waiting at ccs. 

On 6/11/2022 at 10:47 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Well, I just added up the cost overall and it wasn't worth it. 

usually the case for me too, that's why I sent them in slow track in the first place.

CGC recently added that the $150 membership credit now counts towards ALL costs, so I did send in one more book econ, this time fast track. Testing boundaries, but would be nice just to get something back from cgc..... :sorry: 

On 6/11/2022 at 11:23 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Yeah, I didn't think folks would be waiting just as long for regular grading lol next batch of books I send I'm gonna fast track. I have four moderns received at the same time still waiting at ccs. 

That is exactly what they were hoping you'd say. Their plan is working to perfection.

On 6/11/2022 at 11:49 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

usually the case for me too, that's why I sent them in slow track in the first place.

CGC recently added that the $150 membership credit now counts towards ALL costs, so I did send in one more book econ, this time fast track. Testing boundaries, but would be nice just to get something back from cgc..... :sorry: 

I agree,  I sent tj3m slow track so I could take care of some financial problems first. I waited awhile for my last batch but it was worth the wait. I wish I knew when they would come out of pressing so I could mark my calendar haha

On 6/11/2022 at 8:52 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I agree,  I sent tj3m slow track so I could take care of some financial problems first. I waited awhile for my last batch but it was worth the wait. I wish I knew when they would come out of pressing so I could mark my calendar haha

Get a second job, sell some blood, do whatever you need to do. Better hurry and submit more  before the wait gets even longer. 

On 6/11/2022 at 11:58 AM, shadroch said:

Get a second job, sell some blood, do whatever you need to do. Better hurry and submit more  before the wait gets even longer. 

In the immortal words of uncle owen....

"That's what I'm afraid of " 

On 6/10/2022 at 8:48 PM, JollyComics said:

I am not a fan of Conspiracy Theory but I do have one.

I think all ST Economy books are saved for the new graders who just got hired.

"Alright... Gather round all of you new hires.   Today we're going to do something I call, 'grade as you go'.   See that giant stack of comics marked 'Economy'?  I want you brush the dust and cobwebs off of the pile and... Have at it!  In two hours you'll all be experts.  I'll be back at the end of the day with some Pizza & beer for everyone."

On 6/4/2022 at 10:51 PM, LordRahl said:

Economy FT is pretty much at warp speed. My 3 subs that were received on 4/25 were shipped on 5/5, which is less than 10 business days for those counting at home. ST however is still sitting in SFG from mid October.

Thank you for the current perspective. My one Signature Series Economy still shows received. It was received on 12/09/21.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:35 PM, gadzukes said:

"Alright... Gather round all of you new hires.   Today we're going to do something I call, 'grade as you go'.   See that giant stack of comics marked 'Economy'?  I want you brush the dust and cobwebs off of the pile and... Have at it!  In two hours you'll all be experts.  I'll be back at the end of the day with some Pizza & beer for everyone."

I heard of that. Disgusted.

On 6/11/2022 at 2:42 PM, JollyComics said:

I heard of that. Disgusted.

I don't mind them creating a good work environment, and improving moral (with Pizza), and all that stuff, but this Economy TAT fiasco is a "Black eye" for CGC.  

Just eliminate the tier if you're never going to work on it.  "working days" is a deceptive number once you get to 200.  Let's be frank..... it's basically a YEAR.

Oh..... and make sure everyone washes their hands after Pizza.

Edited by gadzukes

On 6/10/2022 at 8:48 PM, JollyComics said:

I am not a fan of Conspiracy Theory but I do have one.

I think all ST Economy books are saved for the new graders who just got hired.

Or the two day Grading Summit thing they have going on in July. Or was that what you were talking about? They have complimentary food and drink

Edited by djpinkpanther67

On 6/11/2022 at 7:33 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

Or the two day Grading Summit thing they have going on in July. Or was that what you were talking about? They have complimentary food and drink

If my Economy sub starts to move in July...

tinfoil.jpg

On 6/10/2022 at 8:46 PM, JollyComics said:

Probably Blackstone bribed BBB.

It continues to surprise me how some people here expected Blackstone to improve the quality of CGC. It also continues to surprise me how many people completely forgot that guys like me and you called all of this a year ago when the buyout happened 

My submission for Economy is today at 253 business days (369 calendar days). ToT is currently stated as 210 business days (138 when I ordered). The support said that they "lost" my comics, but I'm starting to have trust issues towards CGC. My feeling is that they are under much internal pressure to keep the official ToT as low as possible on their website and it's just not showing the true status. Funny enough, I sent to CBCS at the same time (similar tier) as I was trying them out also to decide on where to send my comics going forward. I got those in January. 

On 6/13/2022 at 8:47 AM, Leert said:

Funny enough, I sent to CBCS at the same time (similar tier) as I was trying them out also to decide on where to send my comics going forward. I got those in January. 

Were you happy with the results?