• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Tghutcn to the HOS or PL
7 7

Should Tghutcn be added to the HOS or PL list?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tghutcn be added to the HOS or PL list?

• Yes, he should be added to the Hall of Shame
    • Yes, he should be added to the Probation List
    • No, he should not be added to either.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/12/2022 at 04:01 PM

101 posts in this topic

CLOSED and the votes indicate HOS (shrug)

I was asked if I would do a write up for the HOS and shrugged and said sure. Believe it or not it actually disappoints and saddens me to have to do these.

Here we go... 

On March 30th, 2022 @comicginger1789 asked @The Sledder about a course of action to take as he had not heard from his prize donor in the raffle segment of the Holiday Gift Exchange. (I am going to assume that if you are in this section, then you are aware of what the Holiday Gift Exchange is and entails).

@Tghutcn (Mr. Purvis) was last logged into the CGC Boards on February 4th.   Prior to that time period, Comicginger1789 claims that he was able to make contact with Tghutcn and inquired about the status of Tghutcn's participation in the Holiday Gift Exchange.  Comicginger1789 claims that Tghutchn stated that he was still waiting for part of the gift to arrive and would be mailing it once the gift was complete. Tghutcn never sent the gift and has not logged in since. 

@HollyJollyOne stated that Tghutcn asked for money if they would be shipping their items outside of the UK.  HollyJollyOne also recommended that the offended party, Comicginger1789 nominate Tghutcn be added to the probation list and that Tghutcn would be banned from participating in future Holiday Gift Exchanges.

Upon further inquiry, it was revealed that @adampasz was supposed to be the recipient of Tghutcn's gift in a actual gift exchange aspect but did not receive his gift.  

The charges then are that Tghutcn participated in the receiving aspect of the gift exchange but did not give to the two members that he agreed to provide gifts.  For those that are trying to make sense of this, this would be like promising a charity $7 million dollars but never actually following through and giving that money to charity.  :whistle:  image.jpeg.f644e453302c9677041876c801e9d995.jpeg (Hey if you guys are going to ask for a Buzzetta write up... you know what you are gonna get so don't complain.)

At that point, @Kramerica, @skypinkblu, @Crops068, @Economy Joe ("Bird" for people that are late to that party :eyeroll: ) and @Beige felt that this was "HOS worthy".  (I am going to see how many people I can reasonably tag in this HOS thread. I want to have an iota of fun with this one).  

So PL, HOS, there will be three options here... 

If the majority of votes say PL / HOS over "no" then whatever the majority is between PL or HOS is what Tghutcn will go in under.

Example... 

45 Votes for PL

35 Votes for HOS

60 Vote for "neither"

PL+HOS votes > Neither.

PL > HOS

Tghutcn goes to the PL

Edited by Buzzetta

Significant weird going on here.  The guy's activity was pretty consistent from sign up (11/2020) through this January, then he falls off the map. 

Then, his excuse to cg1789 was that shipment is contingent on part of the gift arriving?  I equate that to me posting a 9.8 X-Men 1 (1991 of course) as a prize in my holiday charity thread, then telling the recipient that I'll ship it as soon as I procure a copy for $40 or less.

Add the gift exchange ghosting on top of that...

No Soup For You GIFs | Tenor

HOS.

So I voted HOS but….

I poked around at his activity and he posted a decent amount, shared photos. He eve started a journal entry sharing his pence copies (some nice stuff). It seems odd he would join and interact for a few months just to get some free gifts and then disappear.

If he ever returns with some sort of explanation (or heaven forbid if something worse happened) then obviously this should be removed)

I know @HollyJollyOne (or someone) takes all the addresses for the Holiday exchange so maybe moving forward if a newer member joins in September of this year with a Shropshire England address, perhaps that can be flagged as this individual creating a new persona in an attempt to continue this nasty tradition (if that is what is happening here)

On 6/3/2022 at 1:18 PM, Buzzetta said:

I was asked if I would do a write up for the HOS and shrugged and said sure. Believe it or not it actually disappoints and saddens me to have to do these.

Here we go... 

On March 30th, 2022 @comicginger1789 asked @The Sledder about a course of action to take as he had not heard from his prize donor in the raffle segment of the Holiday Gift Exchange. (I am going to assume that if you are in this section, then you are aware of what the Holiday Gift Exchange is and entails).

@Tghutcn (Mr. Purvis) was last logged into the CGC Boards on February 4th.   Prior to that time period, Comicginger1789 claims that he was able to make contact with Tghutcn and inquired about the status of Tghutcn's participation in the Holiday Gift Exchange.  Comicginger1789 claims that Tghutchn stated that he was still waiting for part of the gift to arrive and would be mailing it once the gift was complete. Tghutcn never sent the gift and has not logged in since. 

@HollyJollyOne stated that Tghutcn asked for money if they would be shipping their items outside of the UK.  HollyJollyOne also recommended that the offended party, Comicginger1789 nominate Tghutcn be added to the probation list and that Tghutcn would be banned from participating in future Holiday Gift Exchanges.

Upon further inquiry, it was revealed that @adampasz was supposed to be the recipient of Tghutcn's gift in a actual gift exchange aspect but did not receive his gift.  

The charges then are that Tghutcn participated in the receiving aspect of the gift exchange but did not give to the two members that he agreed to provide gifts.  For those that are trying to make sense of this, this would be like promising a charity $7 million dollars but never actually following through and giving that money to charity.  :whistle:  image.jpeg.f644e453302c9677041876c801e9d995.jpeg (Hey if you guys are going to ask for a Buzzetta write up... you know what you are gonna get so don't complain.)

At that point, @Kramerica, @skypinkblu, @Crops068, @Economy Joe ("Bird" for people that are late to that party :eyeroll: ) and @Beige felt that this was "HOS worthy".  (I am going to see how many people I can reasonably tag in this HOS thread. I want to have an iota of fun with this one).  

So PL, HOS, there will be three options here... 

If the majority of votes say PL / HOS over "no" then whatever the majority is between PL or HOS is what Tghutcn will go in under.

Example... 

45 Votes for PL

35 Votes for HOS

60 Vote for "neither"

PL+HOS votes > Neither.

PL > HOS

Tghutcn goes to the PL

Good Lord man - how do you find the time whilst you are dominating these boards with a steely grasp of a modern day Hitler.

You tyrant.

HOS for mine.

Fool me once etc etc

Another Chip by another name.

Edited by Beige

I must agree with my esteemed colleagues (and Beige) that it is a HOS offence. Not just one, but two? Yeah, sorry, to me that catapults it into the HOS. We don't need to enable another loser like the Cataldo case. Cut the losses while we can, IMO.

On 6/3/2022 at 3:29 PM, Cat said:

I must agree with my esteemed colleagues (and Beige) that it is a HOS offence. Not just one, but two? Yeah, sorry, to me that catapults it into the HOS. We don't need to enable another loser like the Cataldo case. Cut the losses while we can, IMO.

"And" Beige :whatthe:

Good Lord man - the impudence! lol

On 6/3/2022 at 12:48 AM, comicginger1789 said:

So I voted HOS but….

I poked around at his activity and he posted a decent amount, shared photos. He eve started a journal entry sharing his pence copies (some nice stuff). It seems odd he would join and interact for a few months just to get some free gifts and then disappear.

If he ever returns with some sort of explanation (or heaven forbid if something worse happened) then obviously this should be removed)

I know @HollyJollyOne (or someone) takes all the addresses for the Holiday exchange so maybe moving forward if a newer member joins in September of this year with a Shropshire England address, perhaps that can be flagged as this individual creating a new persona in an attempt to continue this nasty tradition (if that is what is happening here)

There's legitimate reason to suspect that it's an unintentional absence, but the cynic in me knows how well some grift.

On 6/3/2022 at 6:13 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Short-time member stiffs people in one of the best events to get everyone excited about the holidays, stimulate camaraderie, etc. Easy HOS vote for me. You get a lot of leeway in your timing to send out gifts. This is not acceptable to me.

💯 agree.

HOS.

This is unfortunate…I’m hoping there’s a valid reason.  It was a Holiday thing…selfless and all that.  Scrooges are unacceptable.  Let’s see what happens.

Does anyone know the guy. It also seems odd that a scammer would continue to talk to me. After he received his gift he was very kind, asking about what I wanted in my mystery box, talking about the books received. Even a week after asking me what I would like in the mystery box, it was him who took the initiative to reach out saying he was waiting on something for the box (earlier he had mentioned tracking down some pence Nova copies for me). I don't know, it just seemed super involved for someone with then intent on ghosting and leaving two people without gifts. But hey, maybe that was his angle all along.......sad.

On 6/3/2022 at 10:19 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Does anyone know the guy. It also seems odd that a scammer would continue to talk to me. After he received his gift he was very kind, asking about what I wanted in my mystery box, talking about the books received. Even a week after asking me what I would like in the mystery box, it was him who took the initiative to reach out saying he was waiting on something for the box (earlier he had mentioned tracking down some pence Nova copies for me). I don't know, it just seemed super involved for someone with then intent on ghosting and leaving two people without gifts. But hey, maybe that was his angle all along.......sad.

hopefully he shows up and makes it right. frankly, that would be the best case scenario

On 6/3/2022 at 12:48 AM, comicginger1789 said:

I save all the personal info that is sent to me from everyone.
I do my best to make a list of questionable applicants (thankfully the list is very small) and compare it to the following years.

I'm not suggesting that anyone do anything illegal or unethical, but for those who have his personal information, perhaps they can look at other avenues to see if there is any life-changing news posted on the person's linkedin, facebook, or instagram.  Maybe a family tragedy or he volunteered to fight in Ukraine, or whatever.

But I'd vote HOS, he can always come back and make it right and defend himself if there were extenuating circumstances.

On 6/3/2022 at 11:22 AM, revat said:

I'm not suggesting that anyone do anything illegal or unethical, but for those who have his personal information, perhaps they can look at other avenues to see if there is any life-changing news posted on the person's linkedin, facebook, or instagram.  Maybe a family tragedy or he volunteered to fight in Ukraine, or whatever.

But I'd vote HOS, he can always come back and make it right and defend himself if there were extenuating circumstances.

I've looked at a few of those places. I even tried looking for obituaries in his listed town.

On 6/3/2022 at 8:26 AM, HollyJollyOne said:

After looking through this past years raffle thread, @Tghutcn actually grabbed up 2 raffle prizes due to his placement in the raffle:
The first was a prize offered by @WEBHEAD
The second was a prize offered by @JazzMan

I can confirm that he received my raffle prize. 

On 6/3/2022 at 7:19 AM, comicginger1789 said:

the more complicated the story.....the less I trust it.