• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Tghutcn to the HOS or PL
7 7

Should Tghutcn be added to the HOS or PL list?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tghutcn be added to the HOS or PL list?

• Yes, he should be added to the Hall of Shame
    • Yes, he should be added to the Probation List
    • No, he should not be added to either.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/12/2022 at 04:01 PM

101 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2022 at 11:49 PM, HollyJollyOne said:

For those who do not know, by posting in the raffle thread an agreement to participate AND offering up a named gift is considered official entry into the raffle.

yes, it is no different than not sending your part of a trade. You agree to send and you agree to receive and those two are intertwined.

On 6/5/2022 at 10:34 AM, Economy Joe said:

yes, it is no different than not sending your part of a trade. You agree to send and you agree to receive and those two are intertwined.

I agree. The raffle and gift exchange ARE board transactions. The gift exchange is a little more convoluted because it's not a one-on-one exchange, but the raffle definitely is.
I think dismissing these transgressions as "what did you expect" harms the integrity of the boards.
Definitely HOS worthy, imo.

On 6/5/2022 at 4:58 PM, jsilverjanet said:

This is insane 

look at the HOS, this is no where near the same level of as those on the list 

Just so you don’t feel out on Revis Island, I agree with you. I don’t think it is insane to discuss it, or even suggest it, but I don’t think it warrants HoS.

On 6/5/2022 at 4:58 PM, jsilverjanet said:

This is insane 

On 6/5/2022 at 7:28 PM, seanfingh said:

Just so you don’t feel out on Revis Island, I agree with you. I don’t think it is insane to discuss it, or even suggest it, but I don’t think it warrants HoS.

Nor I... I did not vote for HOS.

On 6/5/2022 at 3:58 PM, jsilverjanet said:

This is insane 

On 6/5/2022 at 6:28 PM, seanfingh said:

Just for some comic relief - I forgot I hadn't clicked into the NFL thread, saw these two comments, and immediately thought you two were debating about Darrelle Revis getting into the Hall of Fame.

I have not voted yet, I'm now on the fence between "neither" and PL, but one problem I perceive with holding the raffle part to the PL is that within the framework of the market place rules raffles are not permitted (rule 15). To be clear, I'm not suggesting you can't have raffles outside the marketplace, I'm just wondering how to reconcile that with putting somebody on the PL for, in part, not honouring a raffle....I think it would be more plausible to put them on the PL solely for the gift exchange....but this is part of the complication of using tools designed for a commercial marketplace. 2c

I have a bunch of other reservations too, but I'm not looking to start a big argument, just concerned we are opening the door here to repurposing the marketplace rules to unintended consequences...

On 6/6/2022 at 9:35 AM, Economy Joe said:

the lists are not just for the marketplace, but for any place that two boardies have had a transaction

Yes absolutely (and I understand that a transaction off the Boards does not have to follow Boards' rules to be a legit transaction)...yet by this logic the Gift Exchange and the Raffle are transactions, which is fine, except that both of these do take place on the Boards, so if the Raffle is a Boards' transaction then insofar as the remedy appealed to is the PL, it has to be reconciled with the marketplace rules...no?

On 6/6/2022 at 9:42 AM, crassus said:

it has to be reconciled with the marketplace rules...no?

no

if it can be off the boards, then it can be outside the marketplace as well

no need to try to reconcile anything in my opinion

On 6/6/2022 at 9:50 AM, Economy Joe said:

no

Agreed. It can be a PM between two members that don't adhere to market place rules. I see no need to reconcile the raffle issue. 

On 6/6/2022 at 9:50 AM, Economy Joe said:

no

Yes I get that point, presumably transactions are going on all the time in PM and they are by definition outside the marketplace. Although I guess the real problem I'm having is why raffles would be bad for marketplace transactions proper, but good for transactions elsewhere on the Boards...which is I realize a separate question....so can I assume that Mystery Boxes are also good elsewhere on the Boards as transactions? I had always thought, I guess wrongly, that Admin had come down on Mystery Boxes and Raffles in the marketplace because there was some negative consequence or conflict with having them, but I guess more correctly they prohibited them because they were problematic only for the marketplace specifically, and not generally...although I'm still having a hard time computing...

The PL currently has the following notation (highlighted in red in the quote below):

On 3/22/2021 at 1:52 PM, crassus said:

THE PROBATION LIST

The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time. Those with an "Off-Board" notation indicate the failed transaction occurred outside of the CGC Message Boards.

What if a similar notation is created for the Gift Exchange/Raffle?

On 6/6/2022 at 1:39 PM, DeadOne said:

The PL currently has the following notation (highlighted in red in the quote below):

On 3/22/2021 at 1:52 PM, crassus said:

THE PROBATION LIST

The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time. Those with an "Off-Board" notation indicate the failed transaction occurred outside of the CGC Message Boards.

What if a similar notation is created for the Gift Exchange/Raffle?

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think that would be necessary, a pretty strong case can be made that there is no real difference between the obligations assumed in the GE/Raffle threads and those in the Marketplace, at the end of the day there are posted rules for each, and if you decide to participate you will be held to those rules and each to their obligations. So if it turns out the vote is for PL, my 2c is that it would just be simpler to list it like all the rest.

Part of my difficulty has been that I just deeply associate "gift giving" and "business" as two separate things, so I have been having an oil versus water kind of problem putting them through the same strainer. I do though appreciate the other point of view, that the GE/Raffle are both official, public, Boards community events, and if you participate you are making a pledge to see it through as a member of that community.