• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Tghutcn to the HOS or PL
7 7

Should Tghutcn be added to the HOS or PL list?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tghutcn be added to the HOS or PL list?

• Yes, he should be added to the Hall of Shame
    • Yes, he should be added to the Probation List
    • No, he should not be added to either.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/12/2022 at 04:01 PM

101 posts in this topic

HoS, with the hope that at some point there is some explanation which would lead to his removal from said list. But in the meantime, it looks and smells like a scam, so onto the list he goes.

I'm leaning towards neither. If it didn't involve a gift exchange and it was a normal sales transaction, it would be classic PL. I agree with the opinion that the PL is reserved for commercial transactions. So all that's left is HoS, but I don't think on the face of it the offense rises to that level. One thing that can help is to browse back through the stories of the people currently on the HoS, and do a compare and contrast. Whatever this current Boardie's story is exactly we don't know, as he's just disappeared, but its so far nothing really like those currently on the list. Some have mentioned Chip, but this is not a good comparison, respectfully, the current nominee would have to work systematically at this on multiple venues for a decade or more to even merit consideration, by comparison its almost like the HoS should be "honoured" that Chip is a member. This is like rookie vs. Brady. Its true that not all current HoS members necessarily rise to the same levels, but it includes those who were found, and in some cases admitted, to systematic schemes to forge collectibles, defraud the collecting community with fakes, and even those whose levels of offense were debated at the time, I think of solarcadet and Red Rocks, they sealed their fates by rubbing the community's faces in their shameful behaviour, and in a sense got what they asked for. None of these apply to this current case. 2c

FWIW my gut feeling is that something bad may have happened to the guy or his family. But we are not mind readers so we can only deal with what we have, which is a no show.

Whilst reneging on a goodwill event is distasteful at best, it doesn't fulfil commercial criteria for either list for me.

Basically I'm in agreement with crassus. 

If he does get put in the HOS, so be it, majority rules. He can always be taken out again if he shows up and makes things right and provides a decent believable excuse.

On 6/4/2022 at 10:12 AM, crassus said:

I'm leaning towards neither. If it didn't involve a gift exchange and it was a normal sales transaction, it would be classic PL. I agree with the opinion that the PL is reserved for commercial transactions. So all that's left is HoS, but I don't think on the face of it the offense rises to that level. One thing that can help is to browse back through the stories of the people currently on the HoS, and do a compare and contrast. Whatever this current Boardie's story is exactly we don't know, as he's just disappeared, but its so far nothing really like those currently on the list. Some have mentioned Chip, but this is not a good comparison, respectfully, the current nominee would have to work systematically at this on multiple venues for a decade or more to even merit consideration, by comparison its almost like the HoS should be "honoured" that Chip is a member. This is like rookie vs. Brady. Its true that not all current HoS members necessarily rise to the same levels, but it includes those who were found, and in some cases admitted, to systematic schemes to forge collectibles, defraud the collecting community with fakes, and even those whose levels of offense were debated at the time, I think of solarcadet and Red Rocks, they sealed their fates by rubbing the community's faces in their shameful behaviour, and in a sense got what they asked for. None of these apply to this current case. 2c

I agree with this. I think it speaks poorly of us to nominate someone for the HoS over a gift thread. The only thing we seem to know is that he vanished from the boards. There's no clear evidence of intent or malfeasance. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't want to participate in a holiday thread where a possible outcome is being permanently impugned on a Hall of Shame. This in itself feels shameful to me.

On 6/4/2022 at 10:47 AM, DavidTheDavid said:

I agree with this. I think it speaks poorly of us to nominate someone for the HoS over a gift thread. The only thing we seem to know is that he vanished from the boards. There's no clear evidence of intent or malfeasance. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't want to participate in a holiday thread where a possible outcome is being permanently impugned on a Hall of Shame. This in itself feels shameful to me.

I think the evidence of intent is that he did it twice. 

On 6/4/2022 at 12:43 PM, Red84 said:
On 6/4/2022 at 11:47 AM, DavidTheDavid said:

I think the evidence of intent is that he did it twice. 

When you say did it twice, do you mean currently at the same time to two different members in the gift exchange, or that he has done this previously or in another instance in addition to the gift exchange?

On 6/4/2022 at 12:04 PM, crassus said:

When you say did it twice, do you mean currently at the same time to two different members in the gift exchange, or that he has done this previously or in another instance in addition to the gift exchange?

My understanding is that he failed to send out the raffle gift and failed to send out the gift exchange gift. 

On 6/4/2022 at 11:29 AM, Red84 said:

My understanding is that he failed to send out the raffle gift and failed to send out the gift exchange gift. 

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought someone said he failed to send out a gift for two consecutive Christmas'

On 6/4/2022 at 10:41 AM, GG © ® ™---Paul said:

FWIW my gut feeling is that something bad may have happened to the guy or his family.

I had considered this as well.....but there is one fact that's not sitting well with me regarding this theory.

If you check his posting history here........you'll notice that he was pretty much posting every day......and then he suddenly stopped posting on January 19th, as if something might have happened.

However, he then came back and logged in on February 4th......more than two weeks later......but didn't post.

If something major happened.....why even bother coming back here to log in?

I would be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt except for the fact that he did not send his part of the holiday gift exchange. Those gifts are supposed to be received by Christmas. He was still posting on January 19th. 4 weeks late on his gift. I too hope nothing bad happened to him. Hopefully he is just a flake and therefore HOS worthy.