• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyer Stabbed by Comic Vendor!!
5 5

56 posts in this topic

On 6/7/2022 at 6:13 PM, djzombi said:

Am I the only one crying over the sun fade these books will suffer??

Possibly. But based on the detective's reaction, it looks like he found a steal of a deal on the table.

It’s all over… 

37th and 7th on Monday around 4pm.  Man appeared injured then decided to “challenge” responding EMTs.  
It’s gotten to the point that you just accept it as another day in the city.

4850BD43-DE33-4DA8-A542-6F1ECE9370A9.jpeg

22EC082A-889B-4E03-9FFF-E18772C57C8D.jpeg

On 6/9/2022 at 8:06 AM, Sigur Ros said:

I hope so.

This is a sale with Turok as a wall book.

Maybe the buyer dissing the crappy selection of wall books triggered the fight :nyah: 

It is disappointing when you visit a vendor and they have no attractive books of any age on their wall. I visited a regional LCS some months back ready to buy a key off their wall to support them, but they had nothing... :( Their best copper wall book was a minor Jim Lee X-men key which I already owned. Moderns were the same story

On 6/4/2022 at 9:32 AM, Robot Man said:

We have this guy. He sells comics out of a back pack on a grass median by a park. 

AD45BCE5-A241-4E60-A655-DA0FF3852537.jpeg

we have a guy like that here in Edmonton.

Sells comics at gas stations, outside restaurants and outside stores, etc.

A friend of mine owns a store called Whyte Knight Collectibles on the "expensive" whyte avenue in the "old Strathcona" area here in Edmonton. A customer told him the guy was selling comics out front of his store. My friend went down and quite literally kicked him in the rear out of there. Was funny to see.

On 6/8/2022 at 3:30 AM, Buzzetta said:

It’s all over… 

37th and 7th on Monday around 4pm.  Man appeared injured then decided to “challenge” responding EMTs.  
It’s gotten to the point that you just accept it as another day in the city.

4850BD43-DE33-4DA8-A542-6F1ECE9370A9.jpeg

22EC082A-889B-4E03-9FFF-E18772C57C8D.jpeg

We had a crazy homeless guy walking around in our area with a baseball bat breaking headlights on parked cars. He then turned on the lawn sprinklers. He threatened a home owner with a pocket knife.

Somebody called the police. They showed up and just told the guy to leave…(shrug)

All a part of living in a fairly populated area these days…

It’s still a mess.  In Midtown yesterday I had a “confrontation” with a homeless guy after he groped a woman and he started walking toward some kids.  Homeless guy had to go and did.  Keep in mind this is around noon.   It’s still as bad as it ever was here.  I’d like to think it’s slowly getting better but…

I’m losing my patience with this nonsense and nothing changes.  The guys I travel with every day and myself keep it in the back of our minds that we will either be a witness to or be the victim of a fatal or near fatal act of violence before we retire.

Me? 2,942 days to go. Almost eight years. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 6/10/2022 at 6:57 AM, Buzzetta said:

It’s still a mess.  In Midtown yesterday I had a “confrontation” with a homeless guy after he groped a woman and he started walking toward some kids.  Homeless guy had to go and did.  Keep in mind this is around noon.   It’s still as bad as it ever was here.  I’d like to think it’s slowly getting better but…

I’m losing my patience with this nonsense and nothing changes.  The guys I travel with every day and myself keep it in the back of our minds that we will either be a witness to or be the victim of a fatal or near fatal act of violence before we retire.

I have slightly less than 9 years to go, unless I win the lottery with my $2 a month "investment."

Oh, and I miss living in Union City and Weehawken, NJ, with NYC a Lincoln Tunnel or Wash. Bridge ride away. Especially since I visit family often, being only a few hours away from the area via I-95, the NJ Turnpike, and Route 3. As an aside, the crime in the 1970s and 1980s, when I was growing up, was, in my experience, likely worse than present in the area. Some of the things I recall, still make me shudder.

On 6/10/2022 at 8:57 PM, Buzzetta said:

Look on the bright side. You might get your own podcast.