• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you rather keep…
2 2

50 posts in this topic

On 6/7/2022 at 9:40 AM, Dr. Balls said:

For me, it would be the enjoyment of the character’s first appearance. Love me some Wolverine - I’d keep that one.

Wolverine has always been a favorite.  This particular copy is the nicest one I’ve owned, so that makes the decision a bit more difficult.

Sometimes it helps to put them in category-wich on is-best story,best cover ,best artist participating,greates sentimental value,hardest to find from personal experience,best character,best origin story(origin not told for ih 181)ect,this might help you decide!2c

On 6/7/2022 at 6:27 PM, Namtak said:

Sometimes it helps to put them in category-wich on is-best story,best cover ,best artist participating,greates sentimental value,hardest to find from personal experience,best character,best origin story(origin not told for ih 181)ect,this might help you decide!2c

Great suggestions, thank you. 

Over the last few weeks I thought it would be interesting if I told myself, if you could only keep 5 books, what would they be?  That was super difficult and I still haven’t decided.  Then, how about only 10?  That was easier, but still difficult.  I haven’t been able to come to an “agreement” on either of the 5 or 10 scenarios.  It’s kind of fun honestly, thinking about pairing down, but it’s also a bit of a scary proposition.

On 6/7/2022 at 7:12 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

Over the last few weeks I thought it would be interesting if I told myself, if you could only keep 5 books, what would they be?  That was super difficult and I still haven’t decided.  Then, how about only 10?  That was easier, but still difficult.  I haven’t been able to come to an “agreement” on either of the 5 or 10 scenarios.  It’s kind of fun honestly, thinking about pairing down, but it’s also a bit of a scary proposition.

Thats to prove you have an awesome collection thats all!:cheers:

On 6/7/2022 at 7:12 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

It's an interesting thought exercise. I've been doing something similar myself. It looks like the wife may be downsized from her current job, and while she already has some interviews lined up, there's nothing definite as far as the next step. We're certainly not at the door of poverty, but it did lead to some thoughts along the lines of "Should I sell?" and "If I sold, what is the absolute last thing to go?"

I collect Alien related merchandise, I collect movies, I collect toys, and I collect comics. I'd likely hang onto the Alien stuff the longest, but comics would be the runner up. And if it came down that I had to start selling comics, I think my Avengers 1 and Hulk 181 would be the last to go, and even then I'd be gritting my teeth! So thinking of "What would go absolutely last?" was edifying for me, and it may be for you as well!

On 6/8/2022 at 10:20 AM, F For Fake said:

It's an interesting thought exercise. I've been doing something similar myself. It looks like the wife may be downsized from her current job, and while she already has some interviews lined up, there's nothing definite as far as the next step. We're certainly not at the door of poverty, but it did lead to some thoughts along the lines of "Should I sell?" and "If I sold, what is the absolute last thing to go?"

I collect Alien related merchandise, I collect movies, I collect toys, and I collect comics. I'd likely hang onto the Alien stuff the longest, but comics would be the runner up. And if it came down that I had to start selling comics, I think my Avengers 1 and Hulk 181 would be the last to go, and even then I'd be gritting my teeth! So thinking of "What would go absolutely last?" was edifying for me, and it may be for you as well!

I sincerely hope that something pans out for your wife quickly.  It’s a terrible feeling not knowing what’s going to happen or when.  

I think out of my books that I hold dearest, my Hulk 1 would go last.  I’ve been lucky in that it’s the second copy I’ve owned (the previous was also a 1.8).  I made a hasty decision and sold the first.  Took me 3 years to get a copy back.  So, it means a lot to me, not only because of that, but because the Hulk is my favorite character overall of all time.  

I do feel very fortunate I have what I have.  Sometimes I think it’s easy to get caught up in jealousy when there are other people that post books from their collections that most of us can only dream of.  But I try to keep in mind that have books that maybe someone else could only dream of.  

image.thumb.jpeg.0a89a72ee4474e10e8b35ffc13efaa25.jpeg

Edited by DocHoppus182
Spelling

On 6/8/2022 at 1:16 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

I sincerely hope that something pans out for your wife quickly.  It’s a terrible feeling not knowing what’s going to happen or when.  

I think out of my books that I hold dearest, my Hulk 1 would go last.  I’ve been lucky in that it’s the second copy I’ve owned (the previous was also a 1.8).  I made a hasty decision and sold the first.  Took me 3 years to get a copy back.  So, it means a lot to me, not only because of that, but because the Hulk is my favorite character overall of all time.  

I do feel very fortunate I have what I have.  Sometimes I think it’s easy to get caught up in jealousy when there are other people that post books from their collections that most of us can only dream of.  But I try to keep in mind that have books that maybe someone else could only dream of.  

Wow great book!to think of only one book to keep....id choose my marvel spotlight 5,i worked hard to get it 11 years ago...still happy i bought it!and my first ever  sketch from moris creator of lucky luke:cloud9:found memory of that french comic book!so i guess 2 books lol !20210331_111513.thumb.jpg.48c061862c61e66d76692de2f0fe4fe8.jpg

20210116_121334.jpg

On 6/8/2022 at 1:16 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

Thank you sir, appreciate it! We're confident it will all work out well. We should know something for sure by August, and she'll either keep her current position, or land something somewhere else. She's not thrilled with her company these days, so a change may actually be best. But appreciate the thoughts!

I try to not indulge in jealousy very often, but you ALWAYS have the coolest stuff! If that Hulk 1 in 1.8 was the only book I owned, I'd be pleased as punch!

On 6/8/2022 at 3:38 PM, Namtak said:

Wow great book!to think of only one book to keep....id choose my marvel spotlight 5,i worked hard to get it 11 years ago...still happy i bought it!and my first ever  sketch from moris creator of lucky luke:cloud9:found memory of that french comic book!so i guess 2 books lol !20210331_111513.thumb.jpg.48c061862c61e66d76692de2f0fe4fe8.jpg

20210116_121334.jpg

Wow!  Great stuff!