• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magic The Gathering Beta Badlands listed as Altered and not slabbed
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I just got back a Beta Badlands with my order, it wasn't slabbed, and it has an "altered" label with it.  However, it gives no indication of how the card was altered.  Is there any way I can find that out?  I don't see any signs of altering myself, so I'd really like to know what the alteration was.

Thanks!
Mike

• Administrator

The card in question was a reback.  What happened was someone took a Collector's edition Badlands (Much Less Valuable) and sanded down the back. They then sanded down the face of another random card and glued the two together to form a card which looks like a genuine beta card.

altered card 2.jpg

badlands cgc.jpg

Mike, thanks for the information, I appreciate it.  That's pretty much a worst case scenario, it seems like a worthless card.  It is so discouraging that somebody did that and sold it as authentic.  I'm a little surprised that the CGC label that came with it still says it's Beta edition.  

Edited by M Steele