• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Category: REJECT - Why?

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was checking the status of my submission below:

Submission: #3986949

Order: CGC1005120827

Service: MAGAZINE MODERN

CGC Cert: #3986949001

It has gotten the grade category "REJECT" and I was wondering what that actually means and why it was rejected? What will happen now?

This is my first submission so I am a bit new.

Greatly appreciate any kind of help.

Kind regards.

• Administrator

Hello, thank you for your message.  I checked the invoice and there is a note from the grades explaining why they could not grade and encapsulate it.  According to the graders, the book was too heavy in the magazine holder well and they believed if we left it in the holder it would have been damaged in transit back to you.  If we feel that grading and/or encapsulation may cause damage to a book, we will not grade it.  I am sorry that we could not safely grade and encapsulation your book in this situation.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Just a head's up...

Be sure that you aren't charged grading fees. I had 2 rejects that I was charged grading fees for. I have a feeling if I hadn't brought it to their attention, I never would've been refunded. You should check your bank statement.

On 6/9/2022 at 3:42 PM, Jennifer F. said:

Hello, thank you for your message.  I checked the invoice and there is a note from the grades explaining why they could not grade and encapsulate it.  According to the graders, the book was too heavy in the magazine holder well and they believed if we left it in the holder it would have been damaged in transit back to you.  If we feel that grading and/or encapsulation may cause damage to a book, we will not grade it.  I am sorry that we could not safely grade and encapsulation your book in this situation.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

I see, that is unfortunate. Could you please confirm that there will be no grading fees charged?

• Administrator
On 6/10/2022 at 3:41 AM, Calaxis said:

I see, that is unfortunate. Could you please confirm that there will be no grading fees charged?

Hi, I'll check with our accounting department and make sure any charged were credited back.  Thank you!

On 6/10/2022 at 3:22 PM, Jennifer F. said:

Hi, I'll check with our accounting department and make sure any charged were credited back.  Thank you!

Hi,
Thank you for the response!

3986949 is the invoice number that I received earlier today. Please make the relevant changes as I am getting charged full amount for a service I did not receive.

Kind regards

I just had an "Amazing Spider-Man 646 12/10 Marvel Comics Variant Edition" rejected for"overhang".  Contacting CGC, they only refunded $10.40 of the $20.40 grading fee.  I think this is the new way for CGC to make money without doing any work.

On 6/10/2022 at 3:22 PM, Jennifer F. said:

Hello, any update?

I contacted your accounting department directly as well.

Kind regards