• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what's a good price for

5 posts in this topic

bulk recent (last month - 3 years) overstock of mainstream MArvel/DC stuff? Superman, Batman, X-Men, FF, Spidey, etc. and some second tier stuff. By the long box or three. I know for dreck overstock with tons of crappy overprinted Image, Valiant, etc. from the early 90s, we're probably talking 10 cents a book, but one would think this more recent stuff actually has the potentially of not vastly outnumbering all potential consumers.

OTOH, I probably don't want to get into this mess. maybe better to cherry pick what I want for 50 cents rather than wind up with 30 copies each of some overordered X-Men or Superman book (multiplied by 40) and paying 20 cents. I'll be an old man before I could sell that stuff on ebay book by book.

bulk recent (last month - 3 years) overstock of mainstream MArvel/DC stuff? Superman, Batman, X-Men, FF, Spidey, etc. and some second tier stuff. By the long box or three.

I would estimate that 1/3 of cover price is respectable, or less if you can get it (and you can, all the time, on ebay).

There will always be some exceptions....Batman may run you a little more than Superman, say...or there may be a few minor keys, etc..

bulk recent (last month - 3 years) overstock of mainstream MArvel/DC stuff? Superman, Batman, X-Men, FF, Spidey, etc. and some second tier stuff. By the long box or three.

I would estimate that 1/3 of cover price is respectable, or less if you can get it (and you can, all the time, on ebay).

There will always be some exceptions....Batman may run you a little more than Superman, say...or there may be a few minor keys, etc..

I think 1/3 of cover might be too much if you are buying by the box, because that may come out to almost $1 apiece. If the books are keys, and you are buying several hundred of them, I think around 25-50 cents each would be appropriate.

thanks, 25 cents for this stuff sounds about right in bulk. not keys, just overstock mainstream titles. given my space limitations, probably a bad idea to pursue. better to spend more per book and try harder to cherry pick. the problem with so much of this stuff is sure, it will probably sell eventually if you put it in your ebay store, but will you ever be able to individually sell 25 copies of the same book in your lifetime that way. i'd have to do flea markets or something to move them.