• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Marvel books staples popping?

6 posts in this topic

Not sure if this goes here, but has anybody else had bad luck with recent marvel books?

the last two weeks at least one of my new books Hulk #7 and avengers forever # 6 have had the center pages disconnected from the bottom staple. The latter book being extremely unfortunate for this to happen to. 

The outside of the books are pristine and you wouldn’t even notice it if you were just flipping through the pages, so I’m assuming it wasn’t the fault of my LCS or their distributor. 

Is anybody else experiencing this or am I just getting unlucky?

I’ve noticed the page quality of marvel books has taken a nosedive recently, so I’m wondering if Marvel is just cutting as many corners as possible  

On 6/11/2022 at 4:25 PM, Hezi said:

I’ve noticed the page quality of marvel books has taken a nosedive recently, so I’m wondering if Marvel is just cutting as many corners as possible  

Recently? Anyway, when you've done something for decades, why stop now?

On 6/12/2022 at 3:35 AM, the authority said:

Very thin and it waffles/waves easily to boot. 

Reminds me of 80s period Marvel.

Wavy pages were common.