• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay - We’ve updated how page views are counted. Discuss?

28 posts in this topic

"We’ve updated how page views are counted, so you may find that the numbers of views on your listings have dropped. The new page view count more accurately reflects views from real potential buyers by filtering most machine or bot views.

Learn more about this change on our Seller Update page."

What does everyone think about this? What has been the impact (if any) on your selling approach? And are there really that number of Bots that are being filtered out? hm

On 6/12/2022 at 2:47 PM, divad said:

"We’ve updated how page views are counted, so you may find that the numbers of views on your listings have dropped. The new page view count more accurately reflects views from real potential buyers by filtering most machine or bot views.

Learn more about this change on our Seller Update page."

What does everyone think about this? What has been the impact (if any) on your selling approach? And are there really that number of Bots that are being filtered out? hm

Like a lot of people here I had my views plummet 20-40%.  To remedy, I started listing every day and started promoting (3-4%) the larger dollar books.  It's been a week and a half since I started those two things and my listing views are up 41% from last month and impressions are over 100%.  Sales are down 1.4%, though. :tonofbricks:

Makes sense.I list on Ebid and I get lots & lots of views with very very few sales :p and I'm pretty sure it's bots.Also on Ebay I watch items without viewing the page first.Esp. if it's right before I log off or in a hurry.

I care more that they just bumped the store price from $60 to $83 per month.

I'm not worried about views. Everything usually sells eventually - that's why stores work.

On 6/12/2022 at 5:42 PM, Beige said:

I care more that they just bumped the store price from $60 to $83 per month.

I'm not worried about views. Everything usually sells eventually - that's why stores work.

You're paying feebay $83 a month? How do you justify that?

On 6/12/2022 at 8:40 PM, rexinnih said:

I'm good with real people views rather than our future bot overlords. 

I am too (if it actually indicates anything) :roflmao:

This was a total Bot move on Ebays part no Doubt about it Twitter was getting exposed by Musk and this happened in real time just as Twitter was getting exposed I can't actually tell you which happened first but it happened in real time almost simultaneously . The whole Corrupt system will fall under the weight of there Corrupt system Facebook Twitter namely others also .Truth Social does not have Bots because everyone is checked to be a real person .

2c Davidking623

On 6/13/2022 at 3:46 PM, divad said:

You're paying feebay $83 a month? How do you justify that?

I don't - they do!  Oh yes - that's AUD, not USD

It's a 1500 listing store with auto relist.

It used to be 48c per year to keep a book on there that didn't sell - now its about 70c.

FV fees are 3% lower

Next store up in Australia is 50,000 listings for $605 per month.  I really don't have much choice but to keep stock around the 1400 mark. I'll never get enough books to justify 50,000 listings.

It's garbage , but there isn't anything better here.

Edited by Beige

On 6/12/2022 at 11:09 PM, davidking623 said:

Truth Social does not have Bots because everyone is checked to be a real person .

Indeed . . . a bona fide whacko. :roflmao:

Hey DK - long time no hear from!

-d

Edited by divad