• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steel City Con in Monroeville PA August 12-14 - 2022
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I will happen to be in Pittsburgh area coincidentally on the same weekend as the Steel City Comic Con. I’m trying to figure out if this show is worth attending. Their website focuses on Celebrity guests, which isn’t my thing. I’m more interested in GA & SA comic dealers. Has anyone ever attended this show? If so, are there usually a good amount of GA/SA dealers? Any information and opinions about the show will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

It's not good for comic dealers- One dealer(can't remember their name) sets up on the far left wall as you enter the door. Has a good Silver Age assortment but that's about it. One vintage toy dealer always sets up on the far right wall as you enter the door. Several other very small dealers spread around  the selling area with mostly new comics. Tons of dealers but just not a lot of old comic selection. Bob Storms and Reece's Rare Comics used to attend back in the day  but they both told me it was a bad show for them..never again type thing. So it's much more a cosplay-toy-quest-new comic show.

On 7/9/2022 at 11:55 AM, conservativeone said:

It's not good for comic dealers- One dealer(can't remember their name) sets up on the far left wall as you enter the door. Has a good Silver Age assortment but that's about it. One vintage toy dealer always sets up on the far right wall as you enter the door. Several other very small dealers spread around  the selling area with mostly new comics. Tons of dealers but just not a lot of old comic selection. Bob Storms and Reece's Rare Comics used to attend back in the day  but they both told me it was a bad show for them..never again type thing. So it's much more a cosplay-toy-quest-new comic show.

100% agree.  I drove over from Cleveland for this show awhile ago and there was not enough comic book dealers to make me come back.  None of the typical $1 / $2 blow out booths and everything was top dollar.  Todd from New Dimension some times has some deals but in general it's one of the "local" shows I avoid.