• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where is all the Russ Manning Star Wars art?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know? Is the family still holding on to it? He drew the strip for over a year, so I would expect to see more on CAF or for sale...

On 6/13/2022 at 6:43 PM, Race said:

Does anyone know? Is the family still holding on to it? He drew the strip for over a year, so I would expect to see more on CAF or for sale...

Same situation than for the Williamson/Garzón ones maybe... (same buyer)

You are right there hasn't been much available lately.  I seem to remember maybe 10-12 years ago an ebay seller with possible ties to the family(?) was selling dailies each week for a long time.  Bedrock City had a bunch available a few years ago.  I also remember maybe 3 years ago Heritage had a daily available about every week for several months.  So they are out there and I bet we'll see more eventually.  Sundays are another story, and are much less common to see for sale. 

On 6/13/2022 at 12:43 PM, Race said:

Noticed the CAF newsletter has a listing for a Williamson lot coming up on Hakes next month. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?artist=Al++Williamson&GCat=120629&GSub=226261

On 6/15/2022 at 10:11 AM, BVladimirHarkonnen said:

Noticed the CAF newsletter has a listing for a Williamson lot coming up on Hakes next month. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?artist=Al++Williamson&GCat=120629&GSub=226261

WOWWWWW nice catch! Was looking for Russ art, but these are pretty sweet... I'll be a bidder!

Edited by Race

On 6/14/2022 at 1:55 AM, Ecclectica said:

Same situation than for the Williamson/Garzón ones maybe... (same buyer)

When the Empire Strikes Back Artist Edition came out, I believe I read the Williamson family had all his SW art. but maybe the comment was for ESB only.

Eight years ago or so I met a comic collector who also collected art, but only Star Wars syndicated strips.  All the big comics he had at the time have long been auctioned off so I have no idea whether he still has any art.