• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worth Resubmitting for Regrade/Pressing?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I know there are no guarantees for resubmitting anything to try and get a better grade, but I was just curious of others experiences with this? I'm new to getting comics graded and did not get my first book pressed. It's a Batman Adventures #12 (first Harley) that is at a 9.6 and the notes were "very light spine stress lines". I was wondering if I should resubmit to get it pressed to see if it fixes this and bumps it up, or should I just be happy with my 9.6 an not risk it?

On 6/13/2022 at 1:05 PM, bigredwookiee said:

should I just be happy with my 9.6 an not risk it

I'll take Door #2.

On 6/13/2022 at 11:05 AM, bigredwookiee said:

Hey everyone! I know there are no guarantees for resubmitting anything to try and get a better grade, but I was just curious of others experiences with this? I'm new to getting comics graded and did not get my first book pressed. It's a Batman Adventures #12 (first Harley) that is at a 9.6 and the notes were "very light spine stress lines". I was wondering if I should resubmit to get it pressed to see if it fixes this and bumps it up, or should I just be happy with my 9.6 an not risk it?

Photos of the spine (front & back) would possibly help folks to provide a better opinion. 2c

On 6/13/2022 at 2:05 PM, bigredwookiee said:

Pictures are definitely helpful 

But based on the notes, very light spine stress lines likely means they are colour breaking. Again, pictures of the spine front and back will help determine this. If you can see minute white spine ticks, pressing will do nothing. If you cannot, maybeeeee there are some stress lines that could be pressed but it would still be a gamble.

Lay out the actual math for us, and give pictures.  And the estimated timetable. Don’t ask people for free help but not give them obviously pertinent facts.