• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC billed me for Artgerm signing and sent me back an unsigned book

6 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced.  I'm not sure what happened since the other two books on that order do show a signature.  Please call or email our customer service department with the submission number/certification number and we can provide you with information on how to proceed.  We'll have to check with our Signature Series department to see if it is possible to get the book signed or if we will just have to refund you for that book.  

You can reach us at: 877-662-6642 or by email at submissions@cgccomics.com.  

Thank you!

On 6/14/2022 at 7:22 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced.  I'm not sure what happened since the other two books on that order do show a signature.  Please call or email our customer service department with the submission number/certification number and we can provide you with information on how to proceed.  We'll have to check with our Signature Series department to see if it is possible to get the book signed or if we will just have to refund you for that book.  

You can reach us at: 877-662-6642 or by email at submissions@cgccomics.com.  

Thank you!

FYI, your customer service agent told me to send an email and you would get to it "when we can". Completely unacceptable. I sent the requested photo, even though your own invoice clearly shows what happened. "When we can" is a pretty callous and flippant response. I've asked for a plan for remediation to be sent within 48 hours or I am filing a claim for a fraudulent charge for the entire order. You've already cost me hundreds of dollars by not having this book back to me by the movie release and conventions that week. If the ask is that I send back your plastic cases, that's fine. I can do that. But I'm not paying you for an incomplete order. If you are unable to make my order complete and whole as we agreed to when we entered into this purchase agreement, I expect at the minimum, a full refund, not a partial one. That's the least you guys could do for a careless mistake like this. "Whoops, our bad. We know it took a few months of your life and cost you money in the end, but whatevs, here's your $75 once we get around to it" is a terrible response. Even if that were that case at any other business, it would have been handled then and there on the phone. I've already had to wait months to find out you won't be providing the services or fulfilling the order as advertised and paid for, now I have to wait days longer to even begin discussing a solution.

I'm really struggling to see how to repair this relationship and situation at the moment. It's like every step, I feel disrespected more, which shouldn't happen as a customer. I understand I am one little tiny drop in an ocean of customers and me no longer using your business will affect you hardly at all. But c'mon, you guys can do better. I hope you honestly do in the future for the next person something like this happens to. We send you our personal collectibles and trust you'll take care of them. We send you items we use in business and trust that you will take care of them. We use your service vs. your competitors because of the added value your brand brings. When you make mistakes like this, it isn't "just" $75 that people are losing. It's the lost potential revenues. It's the lost time. It's the lost trust that you are actually handling my collectible with respect.

• Administrator

Hello,

I am very sorry for the experience you have had.  We certainly want to make this right with you in any way we can.  I have reached out to our Signature Series department to see if we can possibly still get the book signed by the artist at this point.  If not, we will, of course, refund the fees for that book.  I will update you as soon as I hear back on this.  Thank you!

• Administrator

Hello, I did find out from our Signature Series department that, unfortunately, we are not able to get the book signed at this point.  We will be issuing a refund for that book.  The customer service rep you spoke with earlier was checking with our Signature Series department as well and is in the process of issuing that refund back to you now.  I am sorry if you felt we were not taking your situation seriously.  We do want every customer to have the best experience possible and we are very sorry that the book somehow got missed by the artist during that signing.  

The rep you spoke with might not have worded it the best but he was just letting you know that he had to wait until he heard back from our Signature Series department in order to give you all of the available options.  

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.  Thank you!

On 6/15/2022 at 7:44 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Hello,

I am very sorry for the experience you have had.  We certainly want to make this right with you in any way we can.  I have reached out to our Signature Series department to see if we can possibly still get the book signed by the artist at this point.  If not, we will, of course, refund the fees for that book.  I will update you as soon as I hear back on this.  Thank you!

On 6/15/2022 at 9:27 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Hello, I did find out from our Signature Series department that, unfortunately, we are not able to get the book signed at this point.  We will be issuing a refund for that book.  The customer service rep you spoke with earlier was checking with our Signature Series department as well and is in the process of issuing that refund back to you now.  I am sorry if you felt we were not taking your situation seriously.  We do want every customer to have the best experience possible and we are very sorry that the book somehow got missed by the artist during that signing.  

The rep you spoke with might not have worded it the best but he was just letting you know that he had to wait until he heard back from our Signature Series department in order to give you all of the available options.  

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.  Thank you!

Unacceptable. You have cost me over $400 in FMV on a collectible and months of time. "Oops, here's your $75" a few months later is not OK. I understand you are the front line rep and have no control over this. Please pass along to whoever you report to that this is not an acceptable remedy, and I will not be paying for this order at all if it is not able to be completed in full. I'm happy to ship you your plastic cases as soon as you provide payment for those shipping costs. 

EDIT: After escalating the call, I was able to come to terms of an acceptable agreement for remediation with the team. Thank you. 

Edited by Ken Carter