• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PG now valid for registry?

5 posts in this topic

Looking over a few other registry sets I noticed that some of the other Hellboy collectors managed to add the infamous Supplement book to their sets - this is interesting because it exists with a PG label by CGC with no grade and these such books have always been rejected from being included in the registry sets - has something changed overall or is this only for this unique specific book?

I tried added a NG book to a different set (A coverless Tales of Suspense #39) but it still wasn't valid for the registry. I would love to see NG/PG books handled by the registry like the below Hellboy book (no grade shown and only worth a single point - it will help allow budget collectors to still aim for 100% completion - heck, you could make it zero points and so long and we'd be happy)

1796358532_ScreenShot2022-06-15at11_07_07PM.thumb.png.f2ee21f738c812e1c7dbc23cf4a42cab.png

I'm only aware of the one I deal with, Hellboy (1993-1994), but I'm sure there are more. 

To be clear, I think these books SHOULD be allowed to be competitive (as they help collectors build towards 100% set completion which is one way to feel like us poor folk have a chance at winning a prize) and them being 0-1 points each is totally reasonable. I was more concerned with being able to add other PG/NG books to other sets I want to try completing. 

There are also copies of this exact book that ARE graded (CGC used to grade them as normal, but at some point changed to classifying them as PG...there are sets which include the numerical graded copies of this book), so I would say this specific book needs to be opened up for all.