• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO's GAME OF THRONES - JON SNOW series (TBD)
1 1

42 posts in this topic

They set it up for spin-off sequels for Aria, Bran, John and Sansa with the way the left it off. Heck, even Grey Worm and the Dothraki. The actors/actresses have all had some time now to see what the non-GoT gigs look like and will likely come back.

If HBO plays it right, then this becomes a world they can build and expand like Amazon's LoTR or SW for Disney.

Edited by kimik

On 6/17/2022 at 6:13 PM, Beige said:

So shelving the Black Knight movies for a bit, or working on both?

I was thinking the same thing.

After Eternals, not sure what they are doing with those characters moving forward. But I noticed when the rumors came out that director was being considered for Feige's Star Wars movie that may have changed.

On 6/18/2022 at 8:22 AM, Bosco685 said:

I was thinking the same thing.

After Eternals, not sure what they are doing with those characters moving forward. But I noticed when the rumors came out that director was being considered for Feige's Star Wars movie that may have changed.

Isn't Harrington contracted for another 2?

I don't think we will see much more of the Eternals despite any plans - that was plain awful - but I certainly think that the 2 remaining Harrington films could be:

1) History of The Black Knight - Percy then Garrett v (new) Iron Man + Ant-Man and Wasp - then onto Dane Whitman taking up the mantle with the blade from Sir Percys Grave

2) The formation of the New Avengers - New Iron Man, Black Knight, Wonder-Man (hence the TV show), Thor and She-Hulk / Valkyrie (or both)

Depends if they want to swap around phase 5 and 6 to fix phase bore.

They can always try the Eternals again if they want - but I don't know why they would. Sersi maybe, all the Eternals, not so much

2c

The world got a surprise June 16 with the news that HBO is in early development on a “Game of Thrones” sequel series centered on Jon Snow (Kit Harington), but that was hardly news for Emilia Clarke. The actor revealed to BBC that her longtime co-star Harington confided in her that he was in talks to continue playing Jon Snow on a spinoff series. Both Harington and Clarke starred on all eight seasons of the original HBO fantasy series.

“He has told me about it. And I know it exists. It’s happening,” Clarke said. “It’s been created by Kit as far as I can understand, so he’s in it from the ground up. So what you will be watching, hopefully, if it happens, is certified by Kit Harington.”

“Game of Thrones” author George R.R. Martin confirmed the Jon Snow series in a June 23 blog post, writing the show is being developed under the working title “Snow.” Martin will be involved in the series in the same capacity he is with all of the “Thrones” spinoffs. The author said Harington met with him at his home in Santa Fe and worked with him and his team to “hammer” out the show’s story.

“Yes, it was Kit Harrington who brought the idea to us,” Martin said. “I cannot tell you the names of the writers/showrunners, since that has not been cleared for release yet but Kit brought them in too, his own team, and they are terrific.”

While speaking to Deadline about the future of HBO moving forward, HBO Drama Chief Francesca Orsi discussed several different shows related to Game of Thrones, one of which was the Jon Snow spinoff. Orsi confirmed that the series is still in development, and the people behind the curtain are working hard to get it ready. However, Orsi also confirmed that the show has yet to be officially greenlit, and its development is still in the early stages.

"We’re just working deeply with the writers to get it in shape for potential greenlight, but at this point, no, no determination on whether it can go all the way."