• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas 2022 Comic Con With Pics.
1 1

116 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2022 at 7:03 PM, Wolverinex said:

Have you bought anything yet? 

Indeed. I just got home, but

Bought America Chavez #1 cgc 9.8 for $125. Black panther #5 cgc 9.0 for $120, and infinite crises 5 cgc 9.2 for $75

I also helped my brother attending with me by buying a pretty big lenticular of "venom carnage and Spider-Man"..... :roflmao: it was "cheaper if you bought two" buwhwhahahahahah.

Anyway that was $30, so spent a bit.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/17/2022 at 5:30 PM, Wolverinex said:

Where are all the people???

Tomorrow will be much busier. The family and youth passes for Sat only sold out completely.  No other dates have ticket sellouts.

I’ll be there tomorrow to harass @mysterio and @Monster's Lair Comics ❤️

On 6/17/2022 at 7:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Indeed. I just got home, but

Bought America Chavez #1 cgc 9.8 for $125. Black panther #5 cgc 9.0 for $170, and infinite crises cgc 9.2 for $75

I also helped my brother attending with me by buying a pretty big lenticular of "venom carnage and Spider-Man"..... :roflmao: it was "cheaper if you bought two" buwhwhahahahahah.

Anyway that was $30, so spent a bit.

Dang typos, the black panther was $120 and the infinite crisis was #5

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/17/2022 at 8:40 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

:baiting:

CB81F771-1C05-4CC7-A78A-2016CE61C3A1.jpeg.b0a1eb044827baabfd1888ab3ac683ef.jpeg

FEBEF840-C226-439A-AC81-679218E4E046.jpeg.fa4ba40585c92c55689ddd5012dba5fd.jpeg

:foryou:

Oh I did that too, if you notice lol my fear was those who had already read it haha.

I got the Black Panther from a boardie dealer at the con, and I didn't want him slighted lol and been too long for a edit.

better to quote and post to make doubly sure, as it is double the fun! :insane: 

On 6/17/2022 at 7:04 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If I remember I'll ask tomorrow... I only had one slab that was wildly priced today, so I'm sure they are aware.

You mean the Alf that had the 500 dollar price tag from your first page of pictures?

On 6/17/2022 at 8:53 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

You mean the Alf that had the 500 dollar price tag from your first page of pictures?

I really don't remember the Alf in the previews, I bought a few but didn't watch all of them. The Facebook live feeds were for 2 hours twice a week (shrug) I don't have that kind of time when saving for a comic con.

I know you didn't ask all that but lol It IS a 9.4 though so idk. It was really the only one I was sure to look at, as it's not often offerred.

I remember the Ms Marvel #18 9.0 being $300, now it is $400........

Others are the same though, too many to mention, so I shan't :) 

On 6/17/2022 at 8:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 6/17/2022 at 8:53 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

I really don't remember the Alf in the previews, I bought a few but didn't watch all of them. The Facebook live feeds were for 2 hours twice a week (shrug) I don't have that kind of time when saving for a comic con.

I know you didn't ask all that but lol It IS a 9.4 though so idk. It was really the only one I was sure to look at, as it's not often offerred.

I remember the Ms Marvel #18 9.0 being $300, now it is $400........

Others are the same though, too many to mention, so I shan't :) 

on the 1st photos, though blurry, they weren't priced yet that I could see.

The later photos they are, so anything is possible.

All I know is most the books were available prior on Facebook feeds leading up to today. They were originally priced and available for sale during those, but I didn't catch all of the prices. :cheers: 

On 6/18/2022 at 9:19 AM, Raze said:

Ottley is a great guy to talk to!! Love his art!

Amen! I got in his line like 3 times yesterday, I ended up not purchasing as what I was asked... was just too expensive, but I had gone back to double check other stuff and didn't want to hold up the line going on and on....

As I'm about to do here :roflmao: 

But the man is good natured, he suffered me, and he didn't lose his cool. It was pricey, and I was trying to make sure I understood what it was I could afford to strike possible's off my list.

I have some raw Invincibles, and turns out a remarque may be all I CAN afford without spending it all lol but was good to hear him be willing to do even sketches on artboard and etc. Past couple of years it seems it hasn't been available from some. (thumbsu 

On 6/17/2022 at 6:11 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Think I may go tomorrow. 

any decent golden age?

Tales of the crypt was there, golden age, but I was there when two people looked at them and asked the price 😂

I saw a lot of Star Wars and super hero stuff. Pain some of the dealers had shared booths with separate stuff in separate areas, so if looking for slabs it was hard to view it all.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:24 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Amen! I got in his line like 3 times yesterday, I ended up not purchasing as what I was asked... was just too expensive, but I had gone back to double check other stuff and didn't want to hold up the line going on and on....

As I'm about to do here :roflmao: 

But the man is good natured, he suffered me, and he didn't lose his cool. It was pricey, and I was trying to make sure I understood what it was I could afford to strike possible's off my list.

I have some raw Invincibles, and turns out a remarque may be all I CAN afford without spending it all lol but was good to hear him be willing to do even sketches on artboard and etc. Past couple of years it seems it hasn't been available from some. (thumbsu 

Ever since he did Amazing Spiderman his prices went up (of course).

Ive got 1 Ottley sketch and he did them in 10 min (with timer) for $100. Heres what I got 

Dinosaurus my favorite character!

its in a CGC 9.8 case…

4E2185A8-F966-4991-BB44-02495435D4B3.jpeg

On 6/18/2022 at 9:38 PM, Raze said:

Ever since he did Amazing Spiderman his prices went up (of course).

Ive got 1 Ottley sketch and he did them in 10 min (with timer) for $100. Heres what I got 

Dinosaurus my favorite character!

its in a CGC 9.8 case…

4E2185A8-F966-4991-BB44-02495435D4B3.jpeg

Whoa impressive! I think it's my favorite character too, idk if just for the cover to #68. #111 gives a run for the money. The earlier issues, especially#44, seemed so blocky built when first seen. I'd say it's more descriptive art from #68 onward.

Nice sketch, and glad it hit 9.8!