• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas 2022 Comic Con With Pics.
1 1

116 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2022 at 10:09 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

Some pics!

A3D57465-7F2F-4CBC-A8CA-E14A319AF441.jpeg

E356D2F8-229A-40F9-B1DD-62CC6A111562.jpeg

It was good to see you guys, you were my 1st stop :)

Pretty much. That area seems good for you, high traffic, but people can stop without holding up the flow. 

On 6/20/2022 at 10:50 PM, Crops068 said:

Mini-me ended up with a signed book from Garrett Gunn and I am waiting on a double signed print and a sketch commission. 

Fiancé got a new wired wrapped stone ring of some sort and a couple prints from a local artist friend of mine.

As a family we got a really cool Lenticular print of Giancarlo Esposito inscribed “to the house of EL” (mine and hers last initials)

I literally didn’t look for a single comic.  There were some I wanted to browse for too.

We packed so much into that 9hrs and I wouldn’t change a thing.

^^

On 6/20/2022 at 10:03 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

We had a great show!  Thank you to all who stopped by!  We were able to pick up some nice stuff for the shop and future shows. We sold a decent selection of box stock and wall books. 

We are looking forward to next year!  We re-upped the same booth space!  

You guys have a great space at that show. Looking forward seeing y’all at the Cowtown show in October. 

On 6/17/2022 at 6:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Tiding over till official start time :)

Screenshot_20220617-113530.png

Interesting to see an appearance from The Clergy.

Just been listening to some Ghost.

I'm glad there were more pics of the crowds posted too lol

I arrived early Friday,  which I'll admit was a light day, but it got going later.

The cosplay was out in force, speaking of which they had a star wars walk down the red carpet, complete with theme music over the main intercom.

There were enough chairs in the rest area, bathrooms were consistently being cleaned and restocked. There was a band playing guitar, I took a pic of the stage earlier on, pretty cool.

It was hot as an jalapeno armpit outside, though inside was nice and cool, even for the crowds.

Plenty of families, and the con goers seemed interested in the merch. I believe there was an advertised cgc facilitator and etc.

Time was of the essence for me, as I try to do it all quickly. I waited on my brother a long time, as his had to do with lines. All in all it was fun and enjoyable.

Next year it is again in June, I'm only hoping that the weather somewhat cooperates  :cheers:

On 6/21/2022 at 7:09 AM, spideyfan68 said:

You guys have a great space at that show. Looking forward seeing y’all at the Cowtown show in October. 

Likewise! It was great to get a chance to catch up a bit!

On 6/21/2022 at 5:34 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm glad there were more pics of the crowds posted too lol

I arrived early Friday,  which I'll admit was a light day, but it got going later.

The cosplay was out in force, speaking of which they had a star wars walk down the red carpet, complete with theme music over the main intercom.

There were enough chairs in the rest area, bathrooms were consistently being cleaned and restocked. There was a band playing guitar, I took a pic of the stage earlier on, pretty cool.

It was hot as an jalapeno armpit outside, though inside was nice and cool, even for the crowds.

Plenty of families, and the con goers seemed interested in the merch. I believe there was an advertised cgc facilitator and etc.

Time was of the essence for me, as I try to do it all quickly. I waited on my brother a long time, as his had to do with lines. All in all it was fun and enjoyable.

Next year it is again in June, I'm only hoping that the weather somewhat cooperates  :cheers:

Would be nice if it were a bit cooler. I'm glad you were cool inside, I felt like I was sweating for about 90% of Friday and Saturday, even after cooling off from setup.

The crowd was nuts on Saturday, my pic of the celebrity area that is up a few posts doesn't even do it justice. Couldn't walk down in that area.

On 6/21/2022 at 6:13 PM, mysterio said:

Would be nice if it were a bit cooler. I'm glad you were cool inside, I felt like I was sweating for about 90% of Friday and Saturday, even after cooling off from setup.

The crowd was nuts on Saturday, my pic of the celebrity area that is up a few posts doesn't even do it justice. Couldn't walk down in that area.

Ya I had photo ops on Saturday so I know what you're talking about for sure. It was cool if you got a bit away from the crowds, but bearable for me and my guest; although, I DID think to bring water and we were able to sit and zone out if needed. Work and stress? For you and all our sakes Lord willing itll be cooler next time.

Its Texas with a big blue sky but last couple of weeks hardly any clouds at all, just no relief!

Lol it got real on Saturday hahaha. :roflmao:

Thanks to all sharing the pics.  This and OAFCON were the only shows I really attended regularly (live in OKC).  When my daughter was younger, we went every year.  I tried to make her a comic pop culture nerd but I failed.  She is 25 now and leads a productive, non-geeky life as a speech pathologist :smile:

It was show - not too big but big enough to get that major con feel. It has been years since I attended - health problems, gas prices, caring for a parent limits my ability to attend so this was a welcome thread for me. 

On 6/21/2022 at 6:13 PM, mysterio said:

Ok it wasn't just me that thought it was warm in there, warmer than the last couple of them.

On 6/22/2022 at 2:39 PM, Crops068 said:

Ok it wasn't just me that thought it was warm in there, warmer than the last couple of them.

guess then I'm alone, I thought with the "crowds" being lager last year or most of the time, that it wasn't so bad.

Yet I rode the car in to take the train, so part of my trip was outside awaiting public transit. I'll say that was hotter. :shy:

How was overall parking, and or that experience? :wishluck: 

I'm hoping not too bad! :cheers: 

On 6/22/2022 at 2:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

guess then I'm alone, I thought with the "crowds" being lager last year or most of the time, that it wasn't so bad.

Yet I rode the car in to take the train, so part of my trip was outside awaiting public transit. I'll say that was hotter. :shy:

How was overall parking, and or that experience? :wishluck: 

I'm hoping not too bad! :cheers: 

They had a really easy entrance open like 5-ish minutes walk from the parking lots.  Then it was a trek inside to get to the event hall but it was inside at that point.

We took 2 cars and parked next to each other.  Then went we left me and the in-law to be went and nabbed the cars and picked up the ladies and kiddos.

It was rather easy and uneventful, which was quite nice since we were all EXHAUSTED by then.