• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas 2022 Comic Con With Pics.
1 1

116 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2022 at 2:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

guess then I'm alone, I thought with the "crowds" being lager last year or most of the time, that it wasn't so bad.

Yet I rode the car in to take the train, so part of my trip was outside awaiting public transit. I'll say that was hotter. :shy:

How was overall parking, and or that experience? :wishluck: 

I'm hoping not too bad! :cheers: 

I heard it was taking two hours to park at the height of Saturday! :tonofbricks:

On 6/22/2022 at 3:33 PM, Crops068 said:

They had a really easy entrance open like 5-ish minutes walk from the parking lots.  Then it was a trek inside to get to the event hall but it was inside at that point.

We took 2 cars and parked next to each other.  Then went we left me and the in-law to be went and nabbed the cars and picked up the ladies and kiddos.

It was rather easy and uneventful, which was quite nice since we were all EXHAUSTED by then.

Ya I've had a few others that mentioned they only go to cons for 1 day, I dont know how yall do it lol

I still stayed longer each day than I wanted, die to guests with me, but Haha, I felt the rub after 4 hours each day.

I admire you spending making the trip and surviving, good man.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/20/2022 at 9:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Get anything that was on your list to get? I had another friend that wanted to do panels, but he was more into the hero acadamia. He did get a sketch, and I spent time with him discussing as it was his first con. He enjoyed it but was also flabbergasted at the prices, as he booked last minute. Still he was already making plans for next year, Haha, this is the way lol

I was there with my daughter, and we mostly did panels and the photo ops.  I was shocked at some of the prices I saw on comics when I was doing some window shopping; it seemed that the grades should have been higher to justify those prices.

On 6/22/2022 at 2:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I've had a few others that mentioned they only go to cons for 1 day, I dont know how yall do it lol

I still stayed longer each day than I wanted, die to guests with me, but Haha, I felt the rub after 4 hours each day.

I usually do cons in one day. Now, I go strictly to buy GA comics and see friends period. And with most cons the focus is not that so one day will usually do it. 

On 6/24/2022 at 10:25 AM, Robot Man said:

I usually do cons in one day. Now, I go strictly to buy GA comics and see friends period. And with most cons the focus is not that so one day will usually do it. 

Amen. More power to those who can, just I wouldn't be able to cut the mustard. For some who are from out of town though, there are not too many options I'm sure 😃

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/22/2022 at 5:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's all about planning for us 1 day con people. If you want a commission try preregistering with the artist or being the first one at their table, and knowing a list of facilitators/what shows they are going to. 9 times out of 10 I'll only do a con for 1 day. (Can't justify the hotel cost and most of my shows are small ones) Usually I luck out and there is a CGC facilitator there if I need to have a piece picked up next day after I leave.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:56 AM, cgcsketcherz said:

It's all about planning for us 1 day con people. If you want a commission try preregistering with the artist or being the first one at their table, and knowing a list of facilitators/what shows they are going to. 9 times out of 10 I'll only do a con for 1 day. (Can't justify the hotel cost and most of my shows are small ones) Usually I luck out and there is a CGC facilitator there if I need to have a piece picked up next day after I leave.

Amen. And I didn't mean to seem like I was knocking it. I don't travel out of town for cons, and even in town there are only certain attractions. I bring someone along and even their stuff seems to take longer than mine. If it was just me I could probably knock it out.

I had prepaid for a Jay and Silent bob sig, but couldn't find who the facilitator's were quick enough before the deadline for a refund, but I ended up with a refund. Turns out the whole clerks team cancelled or postponed till next year anyway, so maybe it'll work out.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/20/2022 at 5:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol 

That was right after this pic with the undertaker, and I was talking about how after walking and standing, I forgot to look alive and smile for the picture. :sorry:

Tall sob my brother is 6'5" and I'm 5'8" for reference, but the undertaker is 6'10"

Screenshot_20220620-193507.png

This is freaking awesome! He looks so much less menacing considering you and your brother are both really tall. He's one of the WWF characters that truly looked scary to me; deflated here.

Edited by bronze_rules

On 6/24/2022 at 12:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Amen. And I didn't mean to seem like I was knocking it. I don't travel out of town for cons, and even in town there are only certain attractions. I bring someone along and even their stuff seems to take longer than mine. If it was just me I could probably knock it out.

I had prepaid for a Jay and Silent bob sig, but couldn't find who the facilitator's were quick enough before the deadline for a refund, but I ended up with a refund. Turns out the whole clerks team cancelled or postponed till next year anyway, so maybe it'll work out.

Oh no problem, I was just explaining how some of us get it done in one day. Albeit (at least pre covid) that also meant I was there Vip entry till closing then driving back same day. Very tiring but rewarding. 

On 6/24/2022 at 4:20 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Oh no problem, I was just explaining how some of us get it done in one day. Albeit (at least pre covid) that also meant I was there Vip entry till closing then driving back same day. Very tiring but rewarding. 

Oh yeah, I have been exhausted each single day I have done.  But they have been amazing.  You just have to know what and where you want to go.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:30 PM, Crops068 said:
On 6/24/2022 at 4:20 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Oh yeah, I have been exhausted each single day I have done.  But they have been amazing.  You just have to know what and where you want to go.

I admire the chutzpah and drive!

On 6/24/2022 at 9:23 PM, Kramerica said:

You didn't pick this up for me? ???

I know you're a fan! It would have been hard to carry on public transit, so I opted out.

Still, I should have thought of you, however I was a little tempted for myself 😂

On 6/24/2022 at 7:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I know you're a fan! It would have been hard to carry on public transit, so I opted out.

Still, I should have thought of you, however I was a little tempted for myself 😂

It's a wonderful piece. His struggle is man's struggle. He lifts my spirit. He is a loathsome, offensive brute. Yet I can't look away.

He transcends time and space.

He sickens me. I love it.

On 6/24/2022 at 8:56 AM, cgcsketcherz said:

A very good point. I no longer go to shows for autographs. Anybody I’d want is dead now. When I did do it, I didn’t have to wait for a CGC handler.

I did make an exception at WonderCon back in April. Saw that Kevin Eastman was going to be there and thought I’d get something signed for my daughter. Saw there was a 2 hour wait and the cost and just said forget about it.

Bump revival.  I’ve never been but am thinking about going this year.  

Those that went, how long does it take to get a celebrity autograph.  I also see that they don’t post prices.  

For example, I see Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio are supposed to be at 10 this year. How long do you think it would take to get there autographs and price?  My wife would kill me if I made her stand in line for hours to get an autograph.