• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF #1
3 3

22 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I mostly deal in vintage cards, but have been getting into comics as of late. 

I've never submitted a book for grading before so I'd appreciate any advice on the grading process and how I should move forward.

And, of course, what do we think this will grade?

Thanks!

IMG_8976.JPG

IMG_8981.JPG

IMG_8989.JPG

IMG_8988.JPG

IMG_8990.JPG

IMG_8991.JPG

IMG_8992.JPG

IMG_8993.JPG

IMG_8994.JPG

IMG_8995.JPG

Edited by RedFyrn
Adding Pictures

IMO with a book of this significance you definitely want to get it graded regardless of the condition. To me, this looks like a 1.5 or 1.8 at present. But since it is FF1, it might be preferable to have a professional do cleaning and restoration. Even with a qualified grade, it would command a healthy price. I'd definitely give you a crisp $10 bill in its current condition 🙂

A 1.8 to 2.0, with a maybe a gentle press from someone very experienced - mostly to keep those edge pieces from folding over, etc.  a press will likely make it look a bit nicer in a slab, but it won’t likely affect the grade in this case.  Awesome book!  A grail that kept getting away, and now it’s too expensive for me these days.