• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored but not qualified
3 3

22 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2022 at 8:22 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Does this have anything to do with their new policy on label notes?

I was thinking about this, but the opposite was my interpretation of the policy. An internal clipping would not necessarily be noted on the label, but would be in the grader's notes. When the book appeared in my queue, I read the grader's notes, and didn't see the cutout mentioned, so I assumed the label would say something. Then I opened the box yesterday and it's not on the label either. There seems to be ample evidence in the comments here that occasionally CGC misses something, or misses recording it correctly. In this case it sort of benefits me because I could sell and never mention it. I'm not sure there's much incentive for any one to ever open it again, so it could be an unknown defect until the heat death of the universe. The only remaining creators who are still living are McLeod (inker), Rachelson (colorist) and Orzechowski (letterer), so only McLeod seems like reasonable 2nd signature & I have no plans for that.