• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westcoast Comic Con Sunday August 7, 2022 Croatian Cultural Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada

17 posts in this topic

Second annual comic-centric Westcoast Comic Con at the fully renovated Croatian Cultural Centre in beautiful Vancouver, BC. A wait-list has been started for vintage comic book and toy dealer's tables and artist alley, as we are currently sold out. Independent press guests include comic book artists Robin Thompson, Miguel Molina, writer/artist and inker Randy Stone, writer John Ward, and other local creators.

General admission is $10. Kid(s) under 12 are FREE admission with at least 1 paying adult admission. FREE parking at 3250 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC.

Map, updates, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram social media links are here for this pop culture family fun event on Sunday August 7, 2022. Hope to see you all there.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

On 6/24/2022 at 4:21 PM, aardvark88 said:

Yes, and yes but this Sunday's Vancouver Comic Show at PNE is bigger and even better.

Any truth to the rumours that Heritage might even be sending a couple of their newbie employees to scout out this PNE show tomorrow?  hm

On 6/25/2022 at 11:06 AM, lou_fine said:

Any truth to the rumours that Heritage might even be sending a couple of their newbie employees to scout out this PNE show tomorrow?  hm

Toronto HA rep supposed to be there at PNE. Chat with rep directly if u wish to try to negotiate 105% of the hammer price for your own pocket.

On 6/25/2022 at 4:23 PM, aardvark88 said:

Toronto HA rep supposed to be there at PNE.

Do you really mean that Heritage is willing to foot the bill to send Roy all the way from Toronto to attend this con of ours out here?  :whatthe:  lol

On 6/25/2022 at 4:23 PM, aardvark88 said:

Chat with rep directly if u wish to try to negotiate 105% of the hammer price for your own pocket.

Why, only a mere 105% of the hammer price........has Heritage never heard of the concept of a loss leader as 125% of hammer sounds a lot better. :takeit: 

Especially when it comes to those rare graded B&W books like Geriactric Gangren Jujitsu Gerbils, Marvel UK titles like Death's Head, or Malibu's Ultraverse line of comic book characters, etc. etc. :facepalm:  lol

On 6/24/2022 at 2:57 PM, kimik said:

Is this a good show to buy at? Or to set up as a seller?

Yes, as there will be 7 new vendors different from last year's annual con for fresher back issues to buy.

20220710_125149.jpg

20220710_134301.jpg

On 6/25/2022 at 11:06 AM, lou_fine said:

Any truth to the rumours that Heritage might even be sending a couple of their newbie employees to scout out the PNE show ?  hm

Probably, as the PNE Forum show is expanding to 2 days April 1-2, 2023. Large 8' dealer's tables an economical $135 plus GST each for 2 day Comic Show. Will be about 300 dealer's tables plus artist alley on top. About 40k+ square feet. There will also be a discount code for the Coast Atrium hotel next door to the PNE in Vancouver to be announced.

* bump * Dealer tables being layed out at the Croatian Cultural Ctr. north hall today Sat. Means vendors can start setting up Sunday August 7, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. for general admission at 11:00 a.m.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:35 AM, aardvark88 said:

Yes, as there will be 7 new vendors different from last year's annual con for fresher back issues to buy.

If there's 7 new vendors there, did all of the regulars leave as I dropped by and noticed that the con was limited to only the smaller back room, instead of the 3 rooms they had the last time I went to a comic con at the Croatian Cultural Centre?  ???

Although it was not that busy since the parking lot was only half full, with the attendees and tables jam packed into such a small room, it certainly didn't look very Covid safe, so decided to head back home to work in my garden instead.  :p

On 8/8/2022 at 12:56 AM, lou_fine said:

the parking lot was only half full, with the attendees and tables jam packed into such a small room, it certainly didn't look very Covid safe, so decided to head back home to work in my garden instead.  :p

The aisles are extra wide and there is a tall ceiling there with air-conditioning turned on high to reduce risk of Covid. Also there was still a line up to get in at about 1:30 p.m., as we had reached our north hall capacity limit. Will try to run this con over 2 halls twice a year in 2023 due to strong dealer demand, local support from all hobby shops and pop culture collectors including teenage girls. Attendance was up about 44% compared to last summer's Comic Con, thus was a huge success.

Even the huge PNE Show has crowding problems so is expanding to 2 day cons in 2023 to make one feel more Covid or Monkey Pox safe.

That sounds perfect and a solid plan going forward.  :applause:

I actually would have gone in, but since I was busy running around all day and it was close to 4 PM, figured there was not much point since I wouldn't have been able to spend much time there as my better half wanted me back home to help her in the garden.  :frown:

I really need to do a much better job when it comes to my daily activity planning schedule.  :facepalm:

Edited by lou_fine