• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a liquid stain be cleaned from a comic?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a comic that has a liquid stain on the bottom corner.  It does not affect the staples and the comic is otherwise in nice shape.

Can this stain be safely removed?

I am also wondering how would this stain affects the grade of the comic?

Does anyone have experience with this situation?

Thank you Kindly.

ASM 238 Stain1.jpg

ASM 238 Stain2.jpg

ASM 238 Stain3.jpg

ASM 238 Stain4.jpg

ASM 238 Stain5.jpg

I have heard of people using a cotton swab dipped into a solution of Hydrogen Peroxide and water.  Sort of a bleaching process.  I don't know the particulars - how strong a solution, how long to leave it before blotting, if it does any damage, long term issues, etc. 

Maybe someone has had some success with it and can fill us in.  Or maybe it's just an urban legend.

On 6/23/2022 at 12:20 PM, Bill Robinson said:

There are strides being made on staining. Kaptain Myke's new book has practical solutions including a Heat Press based and Blue LED light techniques. Fascinating stuff that takes a lot of practice, patience and probably destroyed books. They are getting stunning results, tho.

I'd highly suggest checking out Immaculate Comics as an alternative.