• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your 9.9s!
2 2

90 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2022 at 4:32 PM, World Devourer said:
On 6/25/2022 at 12:31 PM, deadleg said:

There's images in this thread and then links to other threads with data.

Expand  

Here's something even better:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/thor-156-marvel-1968-cgc-mt-100-white-pages/a/7244-91018.s

I guess I should have been clearer in my first post . . . this thread is not about everyone else's 9.9s, it's about YOUR 9.9s. Period. :sumo:

So if you don't own them, or you didn't self-submit and obtain the sacrosanct grade of 9.9, then don't post them here. :peace:

On 6/24/2022 at 10:13 AM, KB81 said:

Thanks! I do love my 9.9. 

I wonder... How many of these 9.9s and 10s people are showing off are purchased vs. sent in for grading. 
I must say I was very pleasantly surprised to see a 9.9 but I did not submit it. I pre-ordered this book in a 9.8 and the store sent me this. 
Maybe they did not open the box to confirm and just assumed all would be 9.8s since they did ask for a minimum of 9.8s? Not sure how it worked out for them but I am happy that I was sent  9.9. Mine came in a box from CGC and not in a box from the store I placed my order with. 

Mine was purchased from the OO submitter

Edited by The Meta

On 6/26/2022 at 9:04 PM, divad said:

I guess I should have been clearer in my first post . . . this thread is not about everyone else's 9.9s, it's about YOUR 9.9s. Period. :sumo:

So if you don't own them, or you didn't self-submit and obtain the sacrosanct grade of 9.9, then don't post them here. :peace:

Meta asked a simple question and I kindly pointed them in the right direction as the CGC boards search engine can sometimes be funky to use.

Also, you can check the link below to my Myslabbedcomics profile as the books I posted I also own. If you need more proof I can kindly pull them out and photograph them all together.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=1027

Edited by deadleg

On 6/26/2022 at 8:23 PM, deadleg said:

Meta asked a simple question and I kindly pointed them in the right direction as the CGC boards search engine can sometimes be funky to use.

Also, you can check the link below to my Myslabbedcomics profile as the books I posted I also own. If you need more proof I can kindly pull them out and photograph them all together.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=1027

Which was appreciated 

Don't give it another thought, theres still some semblance of free speech on these boards

On 6/26/2022 at 11:02 PM, Catwomancomics said:

This is an older style label that I will probably switch out someday. 

Maybe if CGC ever offers an ASM 194 swipe on the label like they did with ASM 238 Hobgoblin.

466896409_spidermanblackcat2cgc9.90059586063.jpg.e6cfdb5ea64c9948573d46fe266c5589.jpg

I would never recommend getting a reholder on a 9.9.   They could choose to bump down the grade.  My buddy has a cracked holder on a TWD 1 9.9 and he is never sending that in for that reason.

On 6/27/2022 at 5:50 AM, BladeTX said:

I would never recommend getting a reholder on a 9.9.   They could choose to bump down the grade.  My buddy has a cracked holder on a TWD 1 9.9 and he is never sending that in for that reason.

I was under the impression that books are not regraded for a new label or reholder unless the CGC case is damaged. 

This particular case is still undamaged.

On 6/27/2022 at 12:52 PM, Catwomancomics said:

I was under the impression that books are not regraded for a new label or reholder unless the CGC case is damaged. 

Any reholder is subject to being regraded based on damage post encapsulation.  This would include them damaging the book during that reholder process, which is possible and part of the waiver they have the submitter agree to.

image.thumb.png.4b7e5f141782ff61363c19aa11392d9c.png

Notwithstanding some terrible things he did to Spider-Man, I'm a fan of JMS. Rising Stars was a hot title for a minute years ago, but isn't now and won't ever be again. I've been slowly picking up high grade books when they come up for sale, including this 9.9 copy of one of the #1/2 variants. The old-style case bugs me a tad, but I probably won't reholder this because I assume they'd exercise their discretion to regrade it as a 9.8 or something.

image.png.30f74ac76dc868f3c1c98c700787fc0c.png

On 6/27/2022 at 12:52 PM, Catwomancomics said:

They can review anything and bump down a book once they get it open.  Shaken Comic Syndrome alone could cause re-evaluation.  I have successfully reholdered 60 9.8's so not worried about those but 9.9's are another story.  Especially high value ones.  It would be cool if you could do a reholder pre-screen, but I watched a video with CGC's head grader and he said if they see something that would cause them to reevaluate a grade, they will reholder it anyway so that it is not overgraded in the market.